❝CHAPTER EIGHT❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ━︎━︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 what it was that she had seen, he had made sure to keep an eye out for anything else. Days went by, and more mutants were being found. More were starting to join them, and there was one she met. Her name was Sage, a computer god that Lorna had found and had helped her get clean, and Aphrodite took it upon herself to explain to the woman what happened, and Sage was quick to start looking.

     "Let's go out." Lorna spoke, appearing beside Aphrodite who was leaning against the railing on the second floor, watching the few mutants that had joined them. Aphrodite and Lorna had grown extremely close, and she knew she had betrayed herself when she met Lorna, and John, hell even Marcos. She had started to grow close with all of them, but she was still in her shell. Sure, she was sarcastic every now and then. But, she was fueled with anger and determination, especially now that she knew Artemis was alive.

      "Sorry, L, but I don't swing that way." Aphrodite joked. Lorna scoffed whilst Aphrodite offered her a smile. "No, that's not true. I swing both ways, and if I knew that you and Eclipse over there weren't bunking with one another, I would totally take you all for myself."

     "I-what-how did you-?" Lorna stuttered, earning snickers from Aphrodite.

     "I know everything, L."

     Lorna cleared her throat. "Anyways, do you want to go out with Marcos, John, and I?"

     "Where exactly?"

     "Just a bar to drink, play pool, hang out. You need a stress reliever, Win." Lorna told her, placing a hand on her best friend's shoulder. The redhead looked at her for a moment before softly sighing and nodding her head.

     "Yeah, alright."

     "Good. I was going to hold you hostage until you said yes anyways." Lorna smiled, wrapping her arm around Aphrodite as they walked towards where Marcos and John were talking. "Well, after much convincing, Mrs. Aphrodite Winter Rosenburgh, agreed to come with us."

     "Why did you say my full name?" Aphrodite asked, scrunching her nose up in disgust.

     "Cause, I like watching you scrunch your nose up at it." Lorna responded. "It's cute."

     Aphrodite wrapped her arms around the woman. "This is my new girlfriend." Lorna laughed whilst the boys looked at the duo in amusement. She removed her arms for Lorna. "Alright, let's get this show on the road. I need a stress reliever, and this is it."

The group of four all went out, getting into the car and allowing Aphrodite the chance to drive. They made it to the bar that they would be at, going inside and ordering themselves all a beer. They walked over to a pool table, Lorna and Aphrodite immediately teaming up with one another. Aphrodite took the pool stick from Lorna, chalking the end of it before taking her shot and getting a ball in. She did the same thing twice more, trying to hold back her smirk of amusement knowing Lorna was helping her.