1

Waking up every due to a nightmare every night since Edmund left really isn't fun, let alone doing it on a boat. The nightmares always being about losing Edmund, or not seeing him again. At first Caspian would always wake me up, he had them too though he doesn't have the hope of seeing Susan again. Perhaps that's why they stopped for him. It's been three years since I've last seen the Penvensie's, three long years. Maybe I won't see Edmund till I'm eighty, or Aslan meant that I will see him in our afterlife. Maybe Aslan can no longer hold his promise- what if something's happened to him in the weird kingdom of Finchley! I don't know how much longer I can wait without fully loosing hope... Although Edmunds torch still works which gives me some faith, but it is dimming with time.

Caspian decided that we should  to find the seven lords who were banished when Miraz took over the throne. So we set of a week ago, which means that I have been on this floating bit of wood for 160 hours- a very long time.

Deciding that there is no way in me sleeping anymore, I get out of bed and head to deck. I like it at night due to the peace of just the waves crashing around with the open aired darkness. It's certainly better than being cramped in a tiny room, though I am lucky to at least have a room.

"Still not able to sleep?", I jump before turning round to see Caspian.

"Do you think they're coming back Cas?", I ask.

"Aslan wouldn't lie Sav." Caspian whispers before pulling me into a hug. Three years with my older brother has certainly changed things. Our relationship has grown so much stronger, perhaps due to war or the loss in our lives, but I generally couldn't of wished for a better sibling. During our time Caspian has told me what little he remembers of our parents, despite me not knowing them I understand what my life could have been if it wasn't for Miraz, and how much love we would have had.

Me and Caspian stayed on the deck till dawn, just watching the waves until the crew woke up. Despite the great atmosphere of being on a deck in the day, the silence and being with my own thoughts is sometimes really what I need. This is something that Caspian has learnt to respect.

I jump up starting to help make the crews coffees and breakfast- I can't help with many things on deck but this is one of them, so I enjoy it.

"I'll do this washing up Ron, don't worry." I say while smiling to Ron, one of the sailors on the ship who helped collect up the plates, and mugs.

"Are you sure princess?" He asks, "You've done it all since we've got on here."

I sigh, "Yes! And please just call me Savanna, or Sav, hey I'll even answer to oi you..." I say trailing off, before getting back on track, "besides I like have something to do."

"Well if you're sure, I'll get on with my tasks." Ron says before trailing off.

I finish the washing up before half falling asleep with my head on the counter.

"Sav!" I wake up to Caspian shaking me.

"Huh? What!" I grown back.

"You need to sleep." He says with a stern look.

"No It's okay I'm fine." I protest.

"Sav you haven't properly for days, and no offence but you can see that. Please sleep- I'll wake you up if anything happens." He urges. I go to protest, but Caspian gives me the glare of you-should-listen-to-me-right-now, so I end up just going.