12

Savannah POV

After training for a few hours, we finally decide to have a break on the hill. "So this brother thing?" Edmund asks.

"I don't really care." I respond.

"Fair enough." he replies. One of the things I love about Edmund is how he doesn't often question things, he just lets them be. We end up chatting about random pointless things, like usual. 

---------------------

"The chicken clearly came first, where would the egg come from without the chicken?" he says, with frustration. Yes we have gotten into the dreaded, which came first the chicken or the egg debate.

"But the egg had to make the chicken, so probably came from a really weird bird." I say, causing Edmund to snort. Something catches my eye in the distance, then I look closely, there's thousands of men marching.

"Edmund look!" I exclaim, while point at them. We quickly hurry inside. 

"Peter!" Edmund calls, "You need to come quickly." With that Peter, Susan and Lucy all run out, following Edmund. Thousands of soldiers can be seen, all with a full suite of armour, and weapons, they park themselves around half way of the field, before the How. 

"Meet me in 10 minuets!" Peter yells, while rushing off, probably to find Caspian.

"Come on," Edmund says, while grabbing my hand, as we head down into the depth of the tomb to meet the others.

"That's your next big plan!" Trumpkin rages, "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!" Trumpkin never gets this mad, he must really like Lucy. Thinking about it it's almost as though Trumpkin likes Lucy as a daughter, it brings back memories of when I was younger, him trying to bring me up.

"It's our only chance!" Peter argues.

"And she won't be alone!" Susan says, while putting one arm on Lucy's shoulder.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin says, with the hint of tears in his eyes.

"Nikabrik was my friend too," Trufflehunter speaks, giving a glance at both me and Trumpkin, "But he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't, and neither have I." 

"For Aslan." Reepicheep says, while drawing out his sword.

"For Aslan!" A bear repeats.

"Then I'm going with you," Trumpkin argues.

"No. We need you here," Lucy says softly, placing her hand lightly on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off, before Lucy and Susan gets back," Peter urges.

"If I may..." Caspian says, receiving everyones instant gaze, "Mirza may be a Tyrant and a murderer, but as king he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may buy us some time, a fight."

"Fine, we do that then," Peter says, looking at Edmund who nods, and with that he walks out, leaving me and Edmund alone.

"It'll be okay," Edmund says to me as some kind of reassurance, while kissing my hand. Though I think this is more of a reassurance to himself, then me.