Chapter 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Saturday, 3:00AM; Maki’s house]

‘Today I have to go to work early in the morning, maybe I should sleep... But first I need to study a little more. Next week I have important college tests, and since I have little time to study I have to turn the night studying. I need to… But im so sleepy…’

[Time skip]

I woke up 7am with my alarm clock ringing. ‘My back hurts’ Without even realizing it, I slept sitting there. I got up from the chair and rubbed my eyes, I took a short bath, and put on the first outfit that I saw on my wardrobe, I would wear my uniform in the establishment itself anyways. I wore a dark red plaid jumpsuit with a black blouse, a red bow (and since I was kinda late I decided to leave to finish my hair at IHOP), boots, a choker and left the house in a hurry.

 I wore a dark red plaid jumpsuit with a black blouse, a red bow (and since I was kinda late I decided to leave to finish my hair at IHOP), boots, a choker and left the house in a hurry

(That girl looks a lot like Maki lmao)

❃❁No One’s P.o.v❁❃

Maki bumped into Rantaro on the way, they were basically neighbors so they decided to go together. None of them were really motivated to go to work, but technically they had no choice but go.

The girl was grumpy, and the laziness and slowness of the avocado was not helping. Although they were both tired they had very different reactions, and both had no idea how they can get along so well.

Getting there, they met with the employers who had already arrived, both wondered how someone can get so early. Chiaki was playing in her Nintendo Switch, Kirumi was finishing cleaning the tables, Kokichi was trying to help (annoying Kirumi) and Nagito was doing god-knows-what in the kitchen.

Maki went straight to the dressing room to change clothes and Rantaro went to check if everything was alright in the kitchen. She dressed on her usual uniform and waited.

Maybe I should try to talk with Oma today’ Maki thought. She left the dressing room and went to talk to the boy directly.

  “Hey Grem- Kokichi. I want to talk with you.” Kokichi was so focused on annoy Kirumom that he ended up having a fright with Harukawa suddenly talking in that tone.

  “What? Not even a ‘good morning’??? why you’re so meaaan”

  ‘I wonder what she wanna talk about.’ The boy had already realized that she's been trying to talk to him for a long time but he thinks that annoy her it's so funny but always regret it after Maki go away.

  ‘Maybe I should be less annoying this time?’ He thought to himself.

❃❁Maki Harukawa’s P.o.v❁❃

   "Sigh, Good Morning my dEaReSt FrIeNd Kokichi Oma." I said in a sarcastic tone. Come on Maki, no bad mood, don’t give up yet. You can do it. I tried to stop myself from chocking him- I mean, I tried to calm myself down a little, and took a deep breath

"Kokichi, we haven't spoken a lot recently and maybe it would be better if we tried to get along a more.” I tried to say in a cheerful voice tone, but just came out scarier than it should.

“Wait what- it could be that Maki wants to be friends with lil’ ol’ me??? Im so glad!” Oh god, what have I done.

“Listen Kokichi, this is in name of my mental stability and for the sake of my work. So please let’s try to be nicer to each other, ok?” When I finished talking, I heard the sound of the door opening. There were 3 people, a boy who looked like an emo in the closet, another guy with weird purple spiky hair, and a beautiful blond-haired girl with a white backpack on her back. The girl seemed to be the type who prefers French-style coffee places, those where play jazz or classic background music. I wonder what she was doing in a place like this.

“Excuse me, what do you guys w- “Wait a damn minute. Right in the moment I approached the table, I noticed that I know that girl from somewhere. When I began to wonder about this, bad memories began to occupy in my mind. She changed a lot since the last time that I saw her.

“A-are you ok?” The emo-looking boy asked me, and then I noticed that I was still staring, for a long time.

“Oh- Well- Im sorry, im ok. So, what do you guys want to order?”

“Uhm well, two blueberry pancakes and a classic one with butter. Three smoothies: strawberry, passion fruit and chocolate flavor.”

“Alright, I’ll be back” I sent the request to the kitchen guys, and I noticed Kokichi staring at me in a… confused way?

“Uhhh, what happened?”

“No, I am the one that asks, what happened before? With that blondie? You were staring at her and she stared at you too?” Wait, she was staring at me? And why once im a lifetime Kokichi don’t seem like he’s trying to be annoying??

“Wait, she was- … No, nothing happened, I just thought that I saw her somewhere before, but it was nothing” I lied. Why he looks genuinely concerned? We heard the blonde yelling something to the boys in her table

“Ok… If you say so. I’ll check if they need anything”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyy I'm back :D I'm trying to write better but its too difficult :(
If anyone has any suggestions I am accepting help ^w^'
Bye