~Chapter Thirteen~

Lance

By the end of the school day, James had completely left Lance's mind. He was no longer worrying about that dumbass and chooses to keep it that certain way. He's still contemplating whether he should tell Keith or not. He doesn't want to stress Keith out more than he already is. I mean he just lost his mom and Shiro's trying his hardest to provide for them.

Lance hated seeing the two struggle and he tried to help whenever he could. He was never the one to like seeing people in pain.

"Anc.."

Maybe he could try to spawn some gold. Money is the root to all evil, but then again, would Keith want him to use his powers to spawn something completely selfish?

"Ce..!"

He would never hear the end of it. He'll be sitting in the same spot being lectured for hours on it. Now that he thinks about it; he wouldn't really mind being scowled on what's selfish and what n—

"Lance!"

Lance blinked a couple times and shook his head. "Yeah, sorry."

Keith sighed. "I asked if you were okay." He says as he gently draws strokes of hair on his drawing, "You look deep in thought. Is something bothering you?"

Lance bit his lip. "Nah all good. Just that Jam-" He abruptly stopped talking. He saw Keith staring at him and nudging him to continue. Lance started laughing nervously and darting his eyes everywhere around the room. "Nevermind, just have a lot on my mind."

Keith hummed, "You do know I'm here for you, right?" Lance saw how Keith soften his eyes and gave him a small smile. That's when Lance felt a little heat rush to his face. It was a familiar heat, one he was sure as hell scared of.

Lance hesitantly responded, "Yeah, I know. I know you're going to say that I should trust you and that I should tell you everything that's bothering me. It's nothing I can't handle. I'll come to you when I need help out of my own thoughts."

They both exchanged soft laughs before going back to what they were doing before. A peaceful silence. The fan blowing, a pencil scribbling, the sun setting. Nothing could ruin this moment. Well, that was before there was a knock at Keith's room door. "Come in." Keith said loud enough for the person can hear. The door knob twisted and the door opened. His brother walked inside and closed the door behind him.

Lance floated out of the bed so Shiro could sit down. He saw Shiro give him a soft smile as a sign of thank you, and sat down in his spot. "Hey Keith."

Keith looked up from his drawing and caught Shiro's eyes. "Hm?"

"We haven't spent much time together  since the incident, so can we watch a movie together?" Shiro asked. Lance saw how Keith's eye lit up just by the thought spending on spending time together with his brother. "Like right now?" He responds with a brow cocked. Shiro nodded and watched Keith hurriedly clean up his mess. "I'll be down in a few, set the movie up."

Shiro chuckled and stood up to dust himself off. "Sure." He says as he walked out the room.

"Brother bonding time?" Lance floated back down to the floor and helped Keith clean a little. "Yeah, 's been a while since I spent time with Shiro. You can join if you want."

Lance shook his head. "You have fun; I have a meeting to go to anyway." He shrugged and spoke started to form around him. "I'll be back soon." He says as the smoke consumes him.

-

"Back so soon?"

Lance gritted his teeth and concentrated on his deep breathing. "Satan, I have a request I must demand of you."

Lance heard Satan let out an amusing hum. "Which is?"

"I need you to leave Keith and Shiro alone when I'm gone. They don't deserve this bullshit and they don't deserve mine. I agreed to be your replacement son, but you have stay away from my master and his brother."

Lance saw Satan cock a brow and have a smug grin. "You like him, don't you?"

Lance held his breath and ran his claws through his brown hair. "At this point I don't know. I never felt so attached to someone in my whole life."

Satan stood up and walked towards Lance. "I'll leave your crush and his family alone only because you're going to rule by my side afterwards."

Lance let out a sigh of relief. He didn't suspect Satan to be so generous, although, he is a manipulator so he could be lying. Lance isn't trying to fall for Satan's tricks again. "You may leave now, Lance. I got business to attend to unless you want to be apart of it."

Lance shook his head no and let his black smoke consume him again. He appeared back in Keith's bedroom and saw him asleep. "I was gone for five minutes." He said, baffled. He floated beside Keith and stared at the sleeping boy. "What did you do to me, mullet?"

Lance never thought he could like a human, especially Keith. Keith is Lance's type but that's not the point. He shouldn't get attached to Keith but he couldn't help it. He wants to kiss those sweet lips. He wanted to taste Keith. Lance felt emotions he hasn't felt in forever. He groans knowing he wants to be with this boy. There's a lot of things on his mind right now. Getting rid of James, dealing with detention because he beaten those students to a plump, dealing with Satan. Hell, it's too much. But, at the end of the day he has Keith by his side. He can see his highs and his lows. Lance gently ran his claws through Keith's black thick hair. "Fluffy." He mumbled subconsciously.

Lance smiled softly and stared at the sleeping boy. He was absolutely stunning. Damn it, he wants to kiss Keith so bad but he can't. That's not right. Consent is always the answer, even if he is a demon. He loves consent and consent is overall sexy. "Sleep well kitten."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello :> Lance finally figures out he likes Keith! I don't want them to get together just yet though. A somewhat Slowburn has to be done. Sorry if this chapter is shorter than the others. Love ya beauties ❤️🦋

Mwah! 💋

See you next chapter!

Words: 1079