.Prologue.

.Prologue.

Prologue

~*~

Aria Rivers swallowed, her throat suddenly feeling very raw. She looked up at her mother, Miranda, with pleading eyes, tightening her grip on her hand. Aria was hoping she wouldn't have to do this. Meeting new people wasn't exactly her forte. Of course, Aria had had friends back home. They were kind and talkative and she had loved them more than anything, but this was a new place. A new country even. Aria really didn't want to meet new people. But the look Miranda gave her in return made Aria think otherwise. It wasn't her mother's fault that they had to move across an ocean. Neither was it her father, Anthony's.. They wanted to stay. They had good jobs, family, and friends as well.. Aria smiled lightly, silently promising her parents she'd try her best. Aria took a deep breath and let go of Miranda's hand.

"Don't be worried, flower," Anthony said. "Everything's going to be alright."

How can you say that? Aria wanted to say. How do you know it's going to be okay? I don't know these people. What if they're mean? What if they hate me? What if they hate you? But she didn't say any of that. She couldn't. Worrying wasn't going to get her anywhere. Anthony was right. Aria was fine. Everything was going to be fine. She tried to convince myself as such, but her heart still pounded in her chest. Instead of saying anything, Aria nodded once. She'd be brave. For her mother and for her father.

"I think I see a couple of the boys over in the field," Miranda noticed. She pointed to what she was talking about. Indeed, there were four of them not too far away, tossing funny little creatures over a fence.

Aria crinkled her nose.

"You should go introduce yourself while your father and I go inside."

Aria nodded once more. "And if they don't like me?" She already knew what the response would be.

"They will like you," Anthony promised. "And if they don't for some reason, you can come inside the house with us."

"But I've heard wonderful things about these boys from Arthur," Miranda added. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

Aria wanted to say more, but the only thing that left her lips was: "Alright." Taking one last look at her parents, they both offered Aria confident smiles. She found herself wishing she didn't have to meet new people. She found herself yearning for home. But Aria couldn't do that anymore. She hadn't complained since they relocated. Aria planned to keep it that way. She took a stumbling step forward. Then another. And another. Before she knew where she was going, Aria was already only a couple feet from the boys that looked all the same.

Miranda Rivers had met Arthur Weasley when they had moved. Aria's mother used to work for the Magical Congress of the United States of America, or MACUSA, in the Accidental No-Maj Artifacts Use department. She was transferred to the Ministry of Magic in England to the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts department. It was almost the same thing, but in two different countries. Since Mr. Weasley worked in the same department, it was only expected that they should meet. Mr. Weasley was an odd man. Aria had only met him once before that moment, but from what she had seen of him, she knew that he was very interested in the workings of the No-Maj world. Of course, he wanted their family to come over for dinner. Since Anthony was a No-Maj, it was probable that Mr. Weasley had lots of questions to ask him.