Chapter 5

“No… Wait… Thanks for protecting me… that day…” I say wiping the last tears of my face and I feel my left eye hurts. I realized I hadn’t thanked him for defending me against Eric. I don’t like the guy but what he did for me was nice and my morals told me to thank him.

 “Oh god your eye… what happened to you? And yeah I just couldn’t… stand how he was acting about you.” He says sounding worried.

“I felt on his fist.” I snap sarcastically. “What do you think that happened? And like… I’m used to Eric… he is just doing this because of his issues… and I’m telling you this while I barely know you?”

“It’s okay.” He says comforting. Wait what I didn’t mean that last part apologizing? Before I can say something he continues.

“Can’t the guy just leave you alone why does he needs to hurt you?”

I pull up my shoulders.

 “He…I…” Oh wait what the hell do I want to tell him? I don’t even know if I can trust him. His face looks like he is reading my mind as he says.

 “You can trust me. I wont tell anyone no one likes me here because I’m…yeah uuhm let’s say different.” He says and before I notice he’s sitting next to me wiping my smeared make up away. I don’t know why I let him do this but in my vulnerable situation I let him go his way. He isn’t that bad looking. I mean the excessive use of eyeliner kind of suits him. Why the hell am I thinking this shit? I shake the thoughts of off me but then I ask him.

 “Why are you different? I don’t know why they don’t…” I stop a minute to think about what I’m going to say. “Don’t like you… I mean… you’re a nice guy for as far as I know. Maybe you just should get to know a girl before randomly kiss her.” I finally decided to mock, in a way it makes me more comfortable. He gives me a cute sideways smile like he is biting his lip but I’m not sure.

 “Well look at me I’m the only guy here wearing make up and having a piercing... I have a different style you know. Besides I shouldn’t even be here anymore I’m already 18 but they just think I’m to stupid. And well erhm thank you.” He says scratching his neck nervously. But just as I thought he dropped his question he adds.

“But why would he try to hurt you?”

 “Well ehm… He like always did… and like threatened me…” I tell him obviously trying to avoid the question. He apologizes straightaway for asking too much. I guess he took a wise decision there. Then he gently asks me how my eye is doing. I give him a smile and tell him that he is asking me stuff again but also that anyhow the pain will come tomorrow.

 “Well that definitely needs some ice you better go to a teacher…but not now… uuh… I mean… don’t go already… you’re the first one that talks to me and acts normal.” I’m kind of flattered with his words. They should make me blush but I deny the feeling.

 “Ok. I don’t really need ice right now. And I like your piercings, I had one in my lip too like a double ring but I had to take him out of my dad or I could not sleep inside anymore.” I chuckle from the thought of his face.

 “Aaww to bad that must have looked nice on you.” He blushes. I should think he is going to far saying this but I don’t. I just smile towards the ground. And I decide to draw the attention away from me.

 “Hey uhm… why did you kiss me a few weeks ago when we didn’t even knew each other?” I see him searching for an answer but I add something.

 “And like…not… now?” And I look at him questioning.

Wait did I really just say that? Jeez Allie, it must have been to long ago I felt guys’ lips on mine. Damn that shit is addicting.

He looks surprised.

 “Well… I… I don’t know…I… just…” He falters. “Can I?” he looks at my lips slightly licking his.

 “Hihi… Why not?” I was thinking he was never going to ask the only thing I don’t understand is why I giggled. I just lean towards him. He closes his eyes and I feel his soft lips touch mine, he kisses so carefully I can barely feel his lip ring touching me. I pull him closer and force him to kiss me more heavily. I like it more that way. It feels like the kiss lasts forever but not long enough at the same time. After I open my eyes slowly I feel a bit uncomfortable I don’t know what to do or say next.

 “Uuhm well…” I hear him say his voice deeper than before. He stares at the ground while playing with his piercing and scraping his throat.

 “Uuhm…I think I have to go…yeah…bye.” I say and walk away cause I don’t know another thing to do. The only thing I hear is a silent bye. I don’t know what it is but while walking away I get a weird empty feeling in my stomach.

 As I arrive back into my room I decide to write a note back to my unknown friend.

 Dear Mr Idk,

 I have to tell you I want to cancel our plans. I completely felt four your offer but I kissed someone today. And I really like him. I think. And I just feel like I can’t just leave him behind. I know it sounds strange I don’t understand myself doing this either.

I really like you too but I don’t know who you are… and like that guy helped me with evil Eric and… I am confused but I still want to meet you. 3 AM tonight at the garbage cans?

 Hopefully see you there.

 Allie <3

 I sneak back into the schoolbuilding to shove my letter under the door of my classroom hoping he will find it before someone else does.

I go back to my room and try to put on some make up to look better but I get desperate soon because I can’t hide my black eye and I will have to explain it to my penning mate. I just put on a large sweater trying to hide as much as possible and go to the garbage cans as agreed. My heart is beating fast I’m nervous to see who I was sharing all my (dirty) little secrets with.