Chapter 6

Collins p.o.v.

I look at my clock and shit! It’s almost 3 AM. I’m just out of my shower and quickly put my clothes on and do my eyes. God I sound like a girl. I smirk at myself in the mirror.

 I was so full of joy when I read her letter. She doesn’t have a clue that it’s actually me that she is writing to. I long so much to see her face when she sees it has been me all the time. I remember myself holding the letter pressed to my chest after I had read it at least 20 times as I looked outside the window. I saw her doing her make up and looking a bit hopeless but I decided to finish the cleaning as soon as possible to get myself ready in time.

 Somehow I get bloody nervous as it is 3 AM and I am still in my room but I force myself to walk to the agreed place. I get scared of how she will react but I step towards her.

 “Collin? What the heck are you doing here?! Go away I’m here to meet someone.” She rustles at me. I didn’t expect her to react like this after what she wrote in that letter. Her mood changes so fast.

 “Uuhm… well if you want me to go I will but it need to tell you that… uuhm well I am your letter guy.”

 “What oh my god, everything I told you… I feel so ashamed. The hell was I thinking?” She babbles.

“Yeah… you don’t need to feel ashamed… I understand you… But you need to know I meant every word I wrote…” I try to convince her. She is looking down, looking ashamed and she wipes her hair out of her face.

 “Well uuhm now you know who I am…would you still run away with me? And yea what you wrote in the letter about our kiss was…sweet?” I try to say indifferent but I’m not sure if it came out that way.

 “Uuhm...yea.” she whispers looking straight into my eyes. I can’t believe that this is Allie saying this to me but seeing her black eye reminds me she really is. It got worse I bet she didn’t put ice on it the little rebel as she is. I smile at the thought and go sit next to her. I am relieved.

 “What you wrote about the kiss…uuhm…did you meant it?” I ask her offering my best puppy-looking face.

 She is biting her lip and mumbles something that sounds like a yea or yes.

 “Did you do your make up again specially for me?” She mocks me. Oh there we’ve got the old Allie back. I give her a little smile biting my lip.

 I pull all my bravery together and kiss her slowly but somehow hard cause I’ve learned she likes it better that way, as do I. I feel her hand on my cheek, and it is a nice feeling. Just like what I wrote, I can’t say if I love her but I meant the kiss.

 When I look her in her eyes I see what looks like little lights twinkling in them. She has beautiful dark brown eyes, so full of joy. I don’t want to look like a lunatic looking in her eyes, and I face the ground while muddling at my piercing; this is just another weird habit of mine when I don’t really know what to do.

 “I don’t know what to say at this moment… Writing to you is much easier.” She tells to avoid longer awkward silence.

 “Yea, well now you know how I feel all the time… But it’s better to talk you know, since we’re running away together…” I smile. As she smiles back at me I embrace her tightly. My head says I love you but I make no sound. I can’t really love her already although she is the only person ever talking to me longer than 5 minutes and telling me about her feelings and secrets. I push the thought back, it was only my head; real love comes from the heart. So I’ve been told.

 Suddenly I realize I am still holding her and loosen my grip. I look her in the eyes and see she was already looking at mine. I can’t do anything but grin at her.

 “Are we leaving tonight?” She interrupts the silence. I tell her that I don’t know if it’s the right time but I get interceded by the clock slamming five thirty! We both jump up.

 “Shit we have to get up in an hour.” Well there is the old swearing Allie again. I can’t help but curse too why the hell went the time so fast?

 “Well see you… Tonight?” She tries to get away as quickly as possible.