Part XXV: Reyaeth Kingdom IV

I lay down in the darkness, under the bed, hoping that Rheya wouldn't find me. The sound of footsteps passed by the room but nobody entered. That was a good sign, but it could also be just calm a calm before the storm.

"Abdo mihi" For a moment I forgot that I was unable to wield magic but during the chant, I felt my magical energy all around. The spell which hid my presence succeeded.

Happiness overflowed and made me forget about my situation and the pain. I could escape without a problem now. Maybe big stress like that in the dungeon actually made me unable to cast spells, but now I was out of the situation I was back to normal.

"Curatio!" I healed the wounds on my hands.

The healing spell made me tired but this wasn't a proper place to sleep. I'll try to find the fire spirit and take a rest before I press on with my journey. My next destinations should be...nothing came to my mind. Rheya's ruling bothered me but the townsfolk seemed pleased with Rheya and if they wish for her to be their queen I won't meddle. Maybe I'll check the situation once more before I go.

As I started to crawl from under the bed the door suddenly flung open and I hid under again. The flowery smell and the sound of high heels must be hers. I didn't dare to look in her direction and continued to stare at the dark bottom of the bed.

"Calytrix!" Rheya yelled. "Calytrix! Where are you?"

I didn't dare to make a single move. Magic was protecting me but she was also a witch so I shouldn't act overpowered. I'll leave once I make sure she also left the room and wasn't in the nearby area.

"Calytrix! If you come out now I won't punish you!" she continued yelling.

That was obviously a big lie.

"Calytrix!" Rheya yelled and started sobbing.

I felt bad to hear her cry but I know we couldn't reach an agreement.

"Stupid Caytrix! We could have been friends!" Rheya cried out.

Friends? I would love to be friends with a witch my age, but one which wasn't crazy. Rheya and my life viewpoints were completely different. We could never reach an agreement.

She sat on the bed and sobbed terribly. It pained me to hear crying but I couldn't offer any consolidation. We'd only get into a fight.

"Teacher! I finally got magic just like you did. It took me a while but it was the fastest I could." Rheya started a monologue.

Her teacher was a witch? Why would a witch tutor a normal human princess?

"I wanted to walk down the same path as you but you left me," Rheya said some words but I couldn't make them out due to her uncontrollable sobbing.

The only magical energy I could feel was Rheya's black magic and my normal magic. I couldn't feel the magic of somebody else. There were no leftover traces either. The witch Rheya mentioned must have left a long time ago.

Rheya removed her legs from the side of the bed and jumped on the bed completely. I could hear her grab the blankets while crying and calling out to her teacher. Curiously, she never mentioned a name.

It didn't seem like Rheya would calm herself quickly and that meant I was stuck in the dark for a while. There was nothing to. I just waited for her to leave.

"I'll become a great witch like you were teacher!" Rheya suddenly jumped out of bed.

Like you were? Past tense? Is her witch teacher dead?

"Teacher, please continue watching over me," Rheya said without sobs as she left the room.

I wanted to immediately leave the room too, but I decided it would be better to wait some more.