Fourteen

Madison was sitting in her hospital bed. She was holding her newborn daughter. She looked down into her blue eyes and smiled.

The door opened and Rachel walked in. She looked at her. "How are you love?" She asked as she saw her granddaughter.

Madison nodded. "I'm okay. I have her. This beautiful little girl. She's mine. I made her."

Rachel smiled and looked at her daughter. "She is perfect. Tom is outside. And so is Eddie and Olivia is."

Madison sighed. "Can you send Tom in? I need to talk to him first," she said.

"Sure."

***
Tom walked into the room and smiled. He saw Madison holding his daughter. "Madison."

"Hi. I thought you'd want to meet her."

Tom smiled and nodded. He walked over and took his newborn daughter. He looked down at her. "Hello darling. I'm your daddy. And I think you're the most beautiful little girl ever."

Madison looked at him and sighed. "I think when I'm home. And when I'm settled, we should talk about weekend visits and when you wanna see her."

"I wanna see her everyday. She's my daughter Mads," Tom said.

Madison sighed and nodded. "Look. I just gave birth to her. And I want to take things slow. I need to adjust to her. You can take me home with her tomorrow. But you can do me a favour?"

"Sure."

"Go and get me McDonalds? I'm starving. Giving birth to a baby makes you hungry," Madison said.

Tom nodded and walked out. He knew that he wanted to make things work with Madison. But he knew she wouldn't forgive him.

***
Madison smiled as Olivia walked in with Eddie. "Hey babes. You okay?" Madison asked.

Olivia nodded. "I should be asking you that. You just popped out a baby. Do you have a name for her?"

Madison smiled and nodded. "I do. I'll wait for Tom to come back before I announce her name. Where's Esmè?" She asked.

Olivia smiled. "She's with Miss Haydock. Weird but at least I get to meet my niece and Esmè's new best friend."

***
Tom came back and walked in. He handed Olivia some food too. "Because I know that you have an affiliation for chicken nuggets."

"Thanking you."

Madison looked around and smiled. "So. I have a name for her."

Tom looked at her. "What? And why didn't we discuss her name?" He asked.

Madison nodded. "Her name is Penelope-Grace. Penny for short. It's something unique and perfect. Like her."

Tom frowned. "I thought we could have named her Alexandra?"

Madison frowned. "Ew. No. She's a girl. Not a boy. I don't like that name at all. I know an Alex. She's a cow."

Tom just nodded. He picked up his daughter and held her close. "Daddy loves you so much pumpkin."

Madison looked at him and smiled. "Tom. You can have her this weekend if you want?"

"Sure."

***
Everyone had gone now leaving Madison and Tom alone. Tom looked at her. "Do you think we could try again? Give our baby the proper family?" He asked as he looked at her.

Madison sighed and looked at him. "Tom. Not at the moment. Everything is a mess and I don't know how to feel about it. My hormones are all over the place."

Tom kissed the top of her head. "I promise. I'm going to get you back. You're going to be mine again."

Madison looked at him and sighed. But could she really give him a second chance?