Uncover

Earlier on...

Max's POV

I smile as my plan gets put into action. I've been watching the events fall into place perfectly. This was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I couldn't wait till June was finally mine. It's comical that I didn't have to do anything, but watch from the shadows. I've had a crush on June since forever. I remember when I tried to ask her out in the beginning only for her to turn me down. At the time I didn't know it was because of Zayn. Our whoring alpha and her mate. After some digging I was happy to learn their relationship wasn't all roses. I knew I had to rescue her from that evil man. He didn't deserve her. Jackson didn't either, but he wasn't anything to fear. Only a mate is ever a real threat. I was giving them time to get their lust out of the way, before I swept in. I have patience knowing soon she'll be mine.

I get up extra early and knock on the assholes door. He soon opens it and smiles at me. If he only knew. I give him a fake smile.

"Hey brother! What are you doing here?" He pulls me into a hug.

"Nothing much. Was just walking around. Have you seen Jackson this morning?" Like I didn't know where he was. This was almost laughable.

"Nah man. I need some words with him. If you see him, let me know."

Damn. I need him to go and find them in bed. I happened to see June walking into the room last night. I checked her room, secretly of course, and she was yet to return. Only one other place she could be.

"Um well. I was thinking since you seem eager to talk to him. Why don't you pay him a visit?"

He looks thoughtful for a minute. "Or I could just mind-link him."

"NO!" I scream out before I clear my throat to avoid suspicion. "Sorry about that. How about you do it the old-fashioned way and go see him?"

After looking at me skeptically he agrees. "You're right." He pats me on the back before closing his door. That was easy enough. I turn around with an evil smirk. Soon you'll be mine indeed. Pushing that girl to try to hook-up with Zayn was definitely worth it. But I had to rip the bondage off completely. Just in case June still had doubts about not giving Zayn more chance's.

------

Zayn POV

A growl leaves my body before I could contain it. It felt good to release that kind of anger. But it wasn't enough to forget the scene in front of me. What I saw in front of me was nothing I ever expected. June, Jackson, and some chick were laying naked in a tangled mess. How could she! How could Jackson! Someone I saw as my best friend do this to me! I knew this was partially my fault. But why did it have to be one of my closes friends with my mate. And the other girl? She looked familiar, where have I seen her? Breathing in I try to control my myself. Fuck! I punch the wall, putting a dent in it.

"Zayn!" The girl shrinks my name. I ignore her as I look at the other culprits with a glare. The girls quickly jump out of bed and get dressed. While the fucker takes his time. He has some nerve. I stay still to try to contain my anger. Sniffing the room I smell sex and cum. A growl emits from my chest and I shake my head trying to hold onto my anger. My teeth lengthen as I wait patiently. I let out a warning growl. Someone needs to tell me what the fuck's been going on. Before I lose my shit.

"This is not -." I turn my glare towards June and she clumps her mouth shut. This was exactly what it seemed. Even though I told her what I would do if I ever caught her with someone else. I would never harm her. She was my mate after all. But I never promised myself about harming anybody else. I step forward ready to wrangle Jackson's neck.