Family

UNEDITED:

=========

June

We ignore the confused James and run Jules though everything that's happened to me. His so surprised he almost falls back on his chair. We help him stay up chuckling. At this point James shakes his head leaving the room with Jules daughter who gives us a smile and wave. I see my cousin Zule's walk in, only for James to grab his t-shirt on his way with a shake of his head. We hear him warning him, no matter how quiet he tries to be.

"Trust me. It's better not to know bro." He whispers.

We bust out laughing as Zule's nods his head. His eyebrows squint in confusion as he decides to heed James warning. As he backs away slowly I wave at him happily. "Hi cuz! Yes run. Run far, far away." The three of us giggle uncontrollably as he slowly turns to leave.

Yes we were ridiculous and the night was still young. I turn to Jules who's decided to pour his own wine. "Oh my gosh, your daughter is so cute!" I squeal.

He nods his head as he shags the glass of red. Holding up finger he indirectly tells me to wait for the liquid goodness to finish its journey down his throat. I raise my eyebrow at Marie but she just smiles shaking her head. After he downs the wine he pours another while doing a happy dance.

"That will definitely catch me up." He sighs in appreciation gazing at the glass in awe.

"Damn Jules! Is it that good that you're falling in love?" I wonder out loud.

"Try dealing with a hyper toddler." He winks.

"Well don't hog it!" Marie glares.

He gulps his second glass with ease.

"Mason may be independent, but I've had a long day." She lounges forward.

"Only if you agree to watch Kiara, because zaddy needs a date night asap!" He pulls the bottle from her.

It was my turn to shake my head as they fight over the bottle of wine. "You guys are ridiculous. Can we not share?" I roll my eyes playfully.

Marie looks back at me. "Say what you will, but Jules right!"

I look at her skeptically.

"Fine." She suddenly lets Jules snatch the bottle from her.

She examines my reaction carefully as I look at her indifferently.

"Oh really? How about you watch both Mason and Kiara?"

Me not used to baby-sitting looks at her skeptically. "Easy." I cross my chest.

Her and Jules bust out laughing simultaneously.

"Laugh all you want. They look so sweet, so it will be like taking easy candy from adults! In you guys case that and more." I smirk expecting them to quiver in fear at least.

Of course it's the opposite. Figures.

"Is that so?" Jules looks at Marie with a knowing look. "I guess we can make me and Zule's date night a triple night.

He pulls me in a hug. "Yes, let's let little miss know it all take care of the innocents!"

"Hey now." I voice out, but they ignore me.

Marie shrugs. "I'm game."

"Yeah, yeah." Jules rolls his eyes. "By now I know if your game his game. Double date it is." He sticks his tongue out at her.

"That's all you need to know." She gives him a broad smile."

I throw my arms up feeling jealous of their supposed perfect lives. "Okay, I get it. You both don't think I can do it. And other things." I smirk.