chapter 9

Gideon P.O.V
We arrived at a old shack. It was once a beautiful place. But now, it is worn from age. It was surprising. A man from the Pine family would live here.

Dipper explained to us. That the man does live in the mansion. But a few years ago he lost his mind. A time before dipper and Mabel were born. The man spends his days here. It is his safe heaven. I cant the blame the man. If my neice was horried. I spend my days away from family.

We were at the door. Dipper knocked three times and then ringed the bell. We could hears stomping and crashing sounds from inside. The door swung open open. Stanford was puzzled to see us. Dipper got between us and him. He leaned close to the man. Stanford bend down to be face level with dipper. Dipper leaned in and whispered into his ear. I couldn't hear what he said. Soon both pulled away from each other.

"Come in, please" Stanford said. He backed away to let us in. The inside was just as bad as the outside. Trash and mold covered the floor. Your could see failed project stcratted across the room.

Pacifica and Wendy didnt seem to mind the mess. But Robbie went about cleaning up. Dipper pulled out the computer and handed it to his uncle.

"Grunkle ford, will told me this belong to you. Do you remember this computer? Have you ever been in a sercet bunker?" Dipper asked his uncle. The man just looked puzzeld by the computer. He set the computer and on a greasy table. So I decided to pull out the jornal. I know dipper warned me. But I must try something.

Ford took the jornal from me. He looked it over. He opend it up and flipped through the pages. He stopped and dropped the jornal. Fear was in his eyes. He was shaking. He mumbling something I couldnt understand. Dipper tried get close his uncle. But Wendy stopped him. Ford started to pull his hair. He started to scream. We had to cover our ears. He soon calmed  and picked the jornal back up. He flipped a few pages. Then shoved the jornal into my arms. And pointed to the page.

The page was about "the blind eye". The author believed them to be a cult. But he wasnt sure. "Do you know them" I asked. Ford nodded yes. I let out a gasp. "What are they?" I asked. He mumbled and sighed.

"They follow me. They watch me. Not just me but everyone. They know that you know. I see them often. My brother thinks I am crazy. I am crazy but not about them". He answered and he sat down on a old broken chair. "Thanks to them I lost my mind and parts of memory". We were surprised by his interformation.

"Do you know how can we find them?" I asked but he nodded no. "Then that's means we just need find them". He was shaking his head no. But everyone agreed with me. If we got back his memories. We can find out who the author was. Few minutes later, dipper convince his uncle.

We went searching for clues. The clues lead us to the muesum. Inside the muesum was sercet room. There we found the members of the blind eye. They had lazy suzan teid up. She was frightened. Dipper and Pacifica went to save her. But we stopped them. We watched as the cult leader pulled a memory gun. That gun is in the jornal. Why do they have that gun?

The cult leader pointed the gun at Lazy Suzan. And pulled the trigger. We had cover our mouths to keep from screaming.  Lazy Susan head dropped forward. "Take her back to her restaurant". The leader spoke. "Her memories of the draves was erased". Two members unteid her and carried her off. The cult leader took out the memory canister. He sent it through a pipe lining. I looked at Pacifica and Dipper.

"Follow where it ends. We might find his memories". Dipper and Pacifica sneaked away. The rest of us stayed. We watched as the members unhood  themselves. They were the townspeople.  They were doing this to themselves. Wendy stumble back and crashing into some metal barrels. Knocking them over. The cult members heard the loud crashing sound and came over to where we were hiding. The spotted us and grabbed us. They tied us up tougher.

"Why do you do this?" I asked the members. The cult leader smiled and answered.

"Because of Gravity Falls' higher-than-normal supernatural occurrences, the populace was tormented by existential questions and disturbing possibilities. So we took it upon ourselves to help the citizens forget the otherworldly phenomena using the memory gun. Thus, the townspeople live in a state of blissful ignorance, albeit with some minor side effects... As an added benefit as a member of the society, we also use the gun to erase other unpleasant memories and troubles on ourselves".

They are insane. I get it. But it is crazy. Taking away memories even bad ones. Doesn't help anyone. Because ever memory or  ever event of your life. Makes who you are. If you lose that memory. You lose a part of your self. Just look at ford. The man is insane. He is treated like a freak. And he is part of the pine family. Those so called minor side affects. Do more harm to someone then a horrid memory. If the memory is so fucked up. Go to a therapist.

The cult leader finally told his name. His name is blind ivan Wexler. " I dont why I gave you gave you my name  when you won't even rember your  summer here in gravity falls". He pointed gun at us. I closed my eyes. All my amazing memories will be gone. My heart sank. Then I heard a crashing sound. I opened my eyes.

"Never touch my cousin, again". There stood Pacifica. She had Ivan in her grasp. She given him a black eye. The gun was laying on the ground. The other members were knocked out. Then I noticed Will holding dipper. Will must have taken care of the other members. Pacifica punched Ivan again. This time knocking him out. Pacifica freed us from our binds.

"We found his memories. It was the only one not buried in piles of canisters". She stated and handed the canister to Ford. We found a machine that we could use to play his memories. The memories revealed that ford worked for the author. Though it did not reveal the author. But soon he quit after going inside a portal. He was the one to invent the memory gun. He created the blind eye. He erased his own memorise. Ford was hurt by what he found. He did this to himself.

"Dude, we all make mistakes. But it's what we do later to make up for it. So let us work on restoring your memories and fix your relationship with your brother". Robbie told him. We all agreed with him. Ford pulled us into a hug.

"But first let us deal with these cult members". Will told us. We nodded to him. Will took the gun and set the gun to erase their members of the gun and the cult. Then he pulled the trigger at each of the members. "I will take back to their homes". With a flash both Will and members were gone.

"Let us go home" I spoke. "Let us have a sleep over at our house" Pacifca cheered. She was dragging dipper out of the sercet room. "We need to call Tiffany and Ambry over to the house".

We laughed at Pacifica excitment and then we calm down. "I will be going to the mansion to see my brother". Ford stated before he left us. "Well let us go after Pacifica. Before she plans it out without us" I spoke. We left the room. We caught up with the two idiots. Later that night. The party was amazing. Robbie friends were invented too.