Chapter Eleven

I awoke to find myself in some kind of metal container, surrounded by old, dusty boxes.

‘Where am I?’ I thought to myself. I heard what sounded like ship horns in the distance; they lulled me back to sleep.

I woke up again, this time to nothing but the sound of my heart pounding in my chest and tried to move. I had to find a way out of there. I tried to maneuver my hands in front of my face, but my hands seemed to be tied behind my back. I opened my mouth and screamed, but the sound was muffled. I was confused as to why until I felt a piece of cloth in my mouth.

‘He gagged me!’

The thought brought tears to my eyes as I realised that no matter how loud I screamed, no one would hear me. I even had my knife, but I couldn’t even get to it. After a few moments of feeling sorry for myself, I forced myself to stop crying and feeling sorry for myself. I tried to think of a way to get myself out of this mess but I fell unconscious once more.

I felt as if I was being untied or something, but shook it off telling myself that I’m probably delusional right now. Then I felt the gag being pulled out of my mouth. Okay, I’m definitely not hallucinating! My eyes flew open and my defence subconscious kicked in causing me to flip and contort myself up on top of whoever this person is. With my eyes still glassy from crying, not to mention glazed over with rage and terror, I found myself with my hand wrapped around their throat and my fist drawn back ready to knock him/her out and make them regret ever untying me.

“Phoe. hey, hey! Calm down it’s me. No one’s going to hurt you,” I heard through the pounding in my skull. Recognising the voice, I immediately relaxed. I wanted to call out to him but I couldn’t. I just broke down and held on to him for dear life. He sat up taking me with him and I just broke down, unable to hold it all in any longer. He stood and I wrapped my legs around his waist, probably squeezing the life out of him, but in that moment I didn’t care. I just needed to be as close to him as possible, he was the only thing that made me feel safe and I needed that. We walked to the truck and Blair went to go look in the back.

“Uhhhh, guys? He’s gone,” she said turning around.

I tightened my grip even further and whimpered; if he was gone, he could be anywhere. I wanted to say something, anything, but it was like I physically couldn’t. 

I felt Dallas take a deep breath, “Okay, I’ve had enough of this. Get in the truck, we’re going to the police.”

I leaned back a little and stared at him wide-eyed, but he told me to save my excuses for someone who will listen, there is no way he is just gonna let him get away again. We get in the truck with me still on Dallas’s lap and Blade drives off, going as fast as the truck would allow. I was finally starting to relax when, out of nowhere, something slammed into the back of the truck from the side. The truck swerved back and forth as Blade tried to regain control and I looked up. I knew who it had to be, but I just had to be sure. Seeing that it was a black sedan, I stiffened. For extra confirmation, I checked the license plate number. It was a match. While he was dragging me, the last thing I saw before falling unconscious was that car and a victorious smirk on his face. It was his favorite car, he always said it was because it could handle anything; I now knew that was only part of it. That car could also easily hide a body, mine, and slam into the back of us making us lose control but not him. When he hit us once more, my head slammed into the window, but I couldn’t even feel it. All I felt was numb.

I stuffed my face into Dallas’s neck and whispered that it was him. He hit us again, this time from behind and I held on to Dallas even tighter. Blade pulled over and the three of the jumped out of the truck, Dallas still carrying me the way you would a toddler, and they started running. The sound of their rapid footsteps relaxed me, so it was obvious to me when one stopped. I looked up to see that Blair had him pinned up against the wall of the building the boys were running past. I smiled a little and put my head back down. My best friend will always have my back.when she rejoined the run, I looked back up and saw that he was in an inverted fetal position on the ground and his hands and feet were zip tied behind his back.