Volume 1 Chapter 1: Drop off?

Croc~"Goodbye my lovely daughter." He kissed her forehead one last time before leaving on his giant ship.

Val~"Father, I love you!" She cried silently as he left her all alone on a Marine's base.

Croc~ He saw his daughter get surrounded by a group of men and a small tear of sadness fell down his face. "Goodbye...Val."

Val stood there in tears as she was surrounded by men with guns in hand. A man spoke up with broad shoulders and a rough voice. "What's this? A little girl crying?" He looked over at the ship that was leaving. It was the warlord Crocodile's ship. "What's your name kid?" She turned to look at the man. He saw her gripping onto a nicely crafted katana. "Quinn Val Victoria...is my name. And yours, Sir?" His eyebrows raise slightly at her last name. "I see. Please do come with me. And my name is Garp." He escorted the girl to his office. "So why are you here?" She looked down at the ground as she gripped onto her sword like her life depended on it. Tears streamed down her face and dripped off her chin. "Why did Crocodile drop you off? Who is he to you? Why here of all places?" He kept asking questions but she said nothing and just continued crying. He didn't get upset with her and just sat on the edge of his desk. "I'll take care of her men, you are dismissed." A huge group of men left the already small room. She looked up at the man as he exhaled slowly and smiled genuinely at her. "Sorry if I scared you, you know how it is. Appearances and all that. Now then will you please tell me what happened and why you are here?" She wiped her face and sniffled softly. "My..my Daddy left me here." His eyes widened in shock over her words. His jaw dropped open. "What?" She nodded her head. "Yeah, he left me here because he said that being with him is too dangerous. He wants me to be good and not be bad like him." He was in shock so he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "After mommy died he changed, his eyes were cold and distant. He treated me the same, but something was off about him. I guess it's because I'm not old enough to understand. I hope someday I'll understand why daddy dropped me off here." He was now shaking a bit over the information about Crocodile that came into light. He stared at her for a while trying to calm down and think about this logically. "I understand. Then if you have nowhere to go I'll take you in as your adoptive grandfather. How about it, Victoria?" She saw him smiling widely at her. Her eyes went from dull and faded to two shiny emerald gemstones. She smiled happily at his words. He saw the real color of her eyes and his theory of who her mother really is was confirmed. Plus Victoria's hair color is dark purple just like her. "Okay, Grandfather Garp." He heard her calling him that made his heart flutter. He was about to punch her like he does with his real grandson but he stopped himself from doing so. He walked past her and opened the door. "Victoria please do come with me, you must be tired." She turned around and went to take a step forward but her body felt weak. She collapsed forward towards Garp. He panicked and caught her just barely. "She's more fragile than expected but I don't blame her. Her father left her in an unfamiliar place all alone." He looked at the sword she was clutching onto even though she's unconscious her grip isn't budging. "I wonder what's so special about that sword?" He said to himself. He scooped her up into his arm and carried her to her new personal room. He left a note with a map next to it on her desk in her room. He closed the door behind him and then walked to his office to report to his higher-ups about an orphan being left at the base he's looking after. They approved his offer to take her in. She was to be tested one year from today if she is good enough to be a Marine.

To be continued....