Volume 1 Chapter 2: First Training Session

Previously: Victoria was left at a Marine Corps base that's being watched over by Captain Garp. She was taken in by Garp as an adoptive grandchild. She got her own room.

The next day~ She got woken up by a Marine speaker announcement to wake up the troops early. She screamed in fear over the sudden loud noise, she fell out of her bed. She rubbed her head and opened only her right eye. Her left eye is injured from an incident on her father's ship. She saw clean clothes on her desk next to it was a note and another piece of paper. She got up and walked over towards her desk. "What's this? A note and clothes?" She read it and it said,'Meet me outside the cafeteria, here are your new clothes. And a map to help you find me. Sincerely, Captain Garp.' She yawned and stretched. She got dressed in her new Marine recruit clothes. She put her lucky sword on her right hip with the white belt that came with her outfit. She put on the Marine cap and then headed out the door. She opened to see men chatting and laughing. Some were glaring in her direction. "What's their problem?" She said to herself. She looked at the map and walked in the direction she thought was the cafeteria but she was dead wrong. She was knocked down to the ground by a Marine with a nasty scowl across his face. "Get out of my way pirate loving scum!" He kicked her in the stomach but she didn't move from her position on the ground. She looked up with a deadly serious shine in her right eye. She got continuously kicked in the chest and stomach but she didn't cower or stop looking at him rebellious. She started to stand up as he was kicking her body. "I'm sorry for getting on your way Sir. I seem to be lost. Where's the cafeteria?" Her eyes didn't seem sorry but the marine didn't have any more time to waste on her. He scoffed irritated. "It's the opposite direction of where you were walking, stupid girl." She bowed her head and let him walk by her. She waited for him to leave her sight before she coughed out blood. "Damn...what a jerk." She brushed off the dirt from her new clothes. "Tch...that was nothing compared to my upbringing." She walked towards the cafeteria entrance and saw Captain Garp standing in front just like the note said he would be. He saw that she was beaten up already. He cleared his throat and looked down at her as she spoke. "What happened to you?" He said, sternly. She looked at him sternly. "Nothing, Sir. I just fell, that's all." He heard her clearly lie about her bruises and nose bleed. "I see well, be more careful next time." He sighed softly, he knew that news about her father being Crocodile would make her a target but he didn't think it would be this bad. Even though Crocodile is a Warlord he's still a really dangerous Pirate technically. He led her into the cafeteria and she got her bag lunch. All eyes were looking at her, every step she took as if she was their prey. She didn't seem to be scared of them all watching her. She just minded her business and walked behind Captain Garp with a serious look in her right eye.

Once they left the building she was led to a certain training outside area. In the distance, she saw a white-haired kid with a kendo sword in hand training against a few marines that were clearly older than him. And he was winning against them with his sword skills. He finished winning and looked to see his Sensei and a little girl with a vertical scar going down her left eye. She was covered in bruises and had a nose bleed. He scoffed irritated while walking over towards them with a wooden kendo sword in his right hand. "Hey there Sensei, who's this kid?" She looked at him with a serious look in her right eye. She bowed her head and then smiled at him. "I'm Victoria Val Quinn, nice to meet you! What's your name?" She was covered in bruises but still had enough energy to act all excited about meeting a new person. He just looked at her irritated. "So you're the daughter of the warlord Crocodile. Tch...get out of my sight scum." He waved her off like she was nothing. She didn't like that one bit. She clenched her left fist tightly and reached for her lucky sword. She pulled it out of her belt and held up her sword still in its sheath looking ready to fight him. Captain Garp's eyebrows raise at her actions. "I don't care what you say about me but never insult my old man!" She clenched her teeth extremely tightly as she was seething in anger. He scoffed annoyed at her words of pride. "Fine so be it, I'll show you myself why you don't belong to be here." Garp took a step back and held onto her lunch for her.

She gripped onto her sword and got in a fighting stance. He held up his sword with a serious look on his face. She closed her right eye and waited for him to attack her first. She heard his footsteps and she dodged his first attack and she swung her sword hitting him in the chest. He stumbled backwards as growled deeply at her. She got low to the ground and got ready to fight for real. She breathed out slowly and heard him sprinting towards her full on. He went to swing his sword but his movements were all too loud. She blocked his strike and opened her right with a small grin forming across her face. She wasn't as strong as him but she had something he didn't....strategy & patience. She kicked his leg and he started to fall backwards. She dashed backwards before he could do the same to her with his sword. He rolled backwards and recovered. "Damn Brat!" He scowled at her with his emotions taking over his judgement. He went to attack her but then she collapsed to her knees and then fell face forward toward the ground. He stopped a few inches from hitting her full on. He looked down at her confused and back up at his Sensei for answers. "Oh right, she got beat up by a marine on her way to the cafeteria and lied about it. She said she fell. I was wondering when her body was going to give up. Her body is probably really messed up." Chase looked at her again and felt terrible for insulting such a brave little kid. He picked her up along with her sword. "Where are you going?" Garp asked his student. "To take her to the doctor." Garp threw him her bag of lunch. "What's this?" Chase asked confused since he already ate. "It's hers, make sure she eats when she wakes up. Also, she's your new fighting partner from now on." Chase looked at his Sensei dumbfounded. "Really?" He sighed, "Alright, whatever." He turned around and walked towards the medical building. He smirked slightly at her exhausted face. "You're not so bad at fighting with a sword...Victoria."

To be continued...