Volume 1 Chapter 4: Blood Pact....

Time Skip 3-years, she has better control over her Haki Armament. She has 3 settings. Strength, Recovery, and Shock Absorption, each Haki is a different color. She's 12 years old now and Chase is 18 years old.

Captain Garp~"Listen up you two, today is the last day of training before I need to leave this base. I'm taking a few with me, but only if you win a duel against your fighting partner."

Chase~"Victoria are you ready?"

Val~"I told you to call me by my middle name. It's Val!"

Smoky~ "Right.. sorry about that, Val."

Garp~ "Now fight with all you got!"

They both looked at each other with their hands up. She closed her eyes and breathed out slowly. He was inches away from hitting her in the face, she moved her head to the side and he missed her just barely. She uppercut him the jaw and then kicked him the stomach he grabbed her leg and threw her into a tree to the right of him. She recovered mid-air and pushed off the tree with strength Haki in the soles of her feet to be extra strong. She went flying towards him and tried to kick him in the face but he dodged her attempt and punched her in the chest as she was mid-air. She flew backward yet again and hit the ground really hard. She got up and jumped up and down as she put up her hands with a serious look in her right eye. They were both tossed a wooden kendo sword. They both dashed towards each other and were neck and neck in the strength area, due to her Strength Haki Armament she's almost just as strong as Chase even though she's younger than him. He took a step forward and she slid backward unable to get traction with the dirt ground. She tried to push back but it was no use she wasn't strong enough yet. Even with her Haki powers, she can't win against her friend. She was going to lose no matter what she did. She loosened on her grip and he knocked the sword out of her hand and she fell backward onto her butt. He smirked slightly at his win. She smiled happily for him but her right eye was filled with disappointment.

Garp~ "Chase is clearly the winner. You are the last recruit to come with me off this island. Get ready for tomorrow." He looked at Val and just sighed softly and then he started to turn around to leave.

Val~ "Grandfather Garp! Wait!"

Garp~He turned around for a split second to see her smiling like usual.

Val~ "I'll be the strongest swordswoman, just wait, I'll prove to you and everyone that I can fight!" She clenched her fist tightly and smiled widely.

Garp~ "I'll be waiting. But don't keep waiting too long, Recruit Victoria."

Val~ "Yes Sir! And it's Val!"

Garp~ "I know but I like the sound of Captain Victoria... Don't you Chase?"

Chase~ "Yes Sir! It suits her."

Garp left them two alone to chat. Chase was sad that he had to leave his friend. She's reckless and very irresponsible unlike him. She ran towards him and hugged him crying. He patted her head and held her close. "There, there, we aren't leaving forever, I'm coming back in 4 months. We are just going to restock our supplies and stuff...." She interrupted him. "Chase... before you go." She pulled away and picked up a very sharp rock. "Let's make a promise of blood." She cut the palm of her left hand. "A what?" She wiped her face and then smiled. "A blood pact to seal our strong bond. I promise that I'll be there for you when you're in trouble. No matter what happens or where we are. We will never stop loving each other as family. No matter what happens to us, or what we become. We will never forget this bond we have between us. Far away or not. Dead or not. Enemies or not. We will never stop being brother and sister! How about it Chase? Are you alright with being my brother forever?" He went into shock over her words but a few seconds later he grabbed the sharp rock and cut his right palm. They grabbed each other's hand and smiled genuinely at each other as they said,"I promise to protect you, stay by your side no matter where and what happens. We never forget each other and the bond we have!"

Chase~ "I have to go now, please don't do anything reckless when I'm gone."

Val~ "I'll try but this is me we are talking about." She laughed jokingly.

Chase~ "That is true. See you in 4 months, Val!" He ran towards where his personal room is located.

Val stood there with her palm bleeding slightly. She smiled at him as his silhouette disappeared in the distance. "I have to get stronger to be able to become the strongest swordswoman in the entire world. Yeah!"

She wrapped her hand with a towel and then worked out for a little longer. She headed towards her personal room to go rest her eyes after a hard day of training. It was afternoon already, time passes when you're training really hard. She unwrapped the towel and bandaged her hand after she sterilized the small cut. "Tch..." She scoffed irritated at the pain of the rubbing alcohol seeping into her wound. She threw away the dirty stuff in the trashcan by her desk, that's when she saw something wrapped up in white bandages, and a note signed by her Captain was laying next to the present.

'Here's to your dream to become the strongest swordswoman in the Marine Corps. I'll be back in 4 months or so. I better see the results of your training when I come back.' - Captain Garp

She smiled at the note and unwrapped the present. She went into shock over what it was. "A Seastone sword just for me? With a black grip on the hilt, so I won't be affected if I ever get devil fruit powers." She took her new sword and leaned it up against her wall right next her Lucky sword her father left with her. She got in bed and closed her right eye and breathed out slowly as she fell asleep almost instantly.

The next morning~ She yawned softly as she woke up to the sound of the announcement of the ship's leaving the dock soon. Her right eye shot open and she rushed to put on her Marine Corps clothes with her new sword on her left hip while her lucky sword was on her right hip. Her balance was a bit off since she wasn't used to having two swords on her person. But she didn't complain and put up with it silently. She ran towards the dock as she saw the ship's leaving. "Captain Garp! Brother Chase! I'll grow stronger! And I become the greatest swordswoman in the entire world!" They both ran to the back and waved goodbye as they left the base. "I'll see you soon then Victoria!" Chase shouted out smiling happily at her. She didn't bother to correct him with her name and she just stood there smiling widely. She turned around and headed towards the training grounds to train.

Several hours later~ *Panting heavily* "Damn what a workout. I guess I can call it day." She headed towards her room and got clean clothes for after her shower. She stepped into the female-only shower room and closed the curtain behind her. She turned on the hot water and washed off the sweat and fresh blood from the palm of her hands. She swung her sword until her hands bled. She did push-ups until her arms gave out, sit-ups until her abs ached. And pull-ups until her hands couldn't grip the bars and until her arms couldn't lift her own weight including her two swords. She leaned up against the cold tiled wall and sighed softly as the water hit her body and relaxed her tense muscles. "I wonder what my old man is doing now? Is he killing the innocent for pleasure like usual? I wonder how different it would be if I was with him. What if he didn't drop me off here? Would I become a pirate or a bounty hunter just like my mother? I can't imagine being evil just like him. I can't imagine enjoying those things. Are all pirates really that evil? Are they really all scum? I don't think I'll ever know the answer if I don't get strong enough to get off this damn island." She slid down and sat down into the shower thinking over her deep thoughts of many. What's to come next? To be continued...