Chapter 1

OWITP C1

My feet trudge along the path, as I jog through the park. I've always loved the park at night, it seems magical in a way. I go for a walk like this one every day, it helps me get time away from my abusive adoptive mother, Katie.

I shake my head as an attempt to get her out of my mind, I hat her so much! My thoughts change while I slow as I make my way to the lake.

Then I see him, a guitar bag slung over his shoulder, he sits on the bench over looking the lake, far enough away from the lamppost that I can't see who it is. I duck behind a tree, and watch him as he pulls his guitar from the bag and begins to sing.

"You're hand fits in mine like its made just to be...",

Little things, my favourite song. I recognize the voice, I know the voice, its one I've heard on the radio a billion times. Could it be? Could it really be him? I sink against the tree and let his voice carry me away.

"...With your freckles on your cheeks,

And it all makes sense to me.

I know you never loved the crinkles by your eyes,

when you smile you've never loved,

your stomach or your thighs,

The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,

But I love them endlessly",

I sigh in to take a breath, though its loud enough for him to stop singing and say "Hello?"

I hold my breath, he can't know that I am here! My breath of air is released as he begins singing again.

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth,

But if I do,

its you,

Oh, its you they add up to,

I'm in love with you,

and all these little things",

He goes on to sing Louis's part, and then Harry's. The chorus starts again and then he begin singing my favorite part, I absentmindedly start singing along.

"You never loved yourself half as much as I love you,

And you never treat yourself right,

Darling but I want you to,

If I let you know,

That I'm here for you,

Maybe you'll love yourself,

like I love you- oh,

And I've just let these little things slip-",

I suddenly realise that I'm singing. I stop, but he continues. I get up as quietly as I can and turn around and start to creep away. I pray that he doesn't hear me.

He stops singing, "wait", he calls after me.

I freeze, before I think about what he said I turn around. He lays his guitar down across the bench. "Wait", he repeats.

He jogs to me.

********************

Authors note:

This is the first story I've written so please dont be mean about spelling errors. I didnt take the time to read it over. Hope you like it. Just saying i know this isnt that good but ya know...

Luv

Jelloluver