[two]

present

When Lily and James were killed, Astara was devastated. Unable to sleep, eat, live without feeling sad and guilty about what happened to them. When Harry Potter was born, Astara had been named godmother as Lily's best friend and Sirius was godfather as James' best friend. The four of them, Remus and Peter Pettigrew.

But when Sirius Black, her best friend, she was pissed. She had been working at the ministry for four years straight out of Hogwarts, which was a year before the others get out as she was a year older then them.

She was in the Muggle Artifacts department as Astara had been adopted by her muggle parents at a young age. Sirius had been sent to Azkaban without a trial and she wasn't allowed her godson, she wrote them letter after letter changing to change their minds.

Astara ended up pestering them so much that they fired her completely, which didn't mind that much as she wanted to pursue art instead. The ministry had deemed her 'emotionally unstable' and 'unsuitable to care for a child' so they took him away and sent him live with his blood aunt.

Merlin, how she hated that woman. Petunia had always hated her and her kind. Witches. Mostly, she suspected, was because she wasn't one herself, not special like her sister.

After being blacklisted by the ministry, she sent a very strongly worded letter to them till the words were engraved into her wooden desk. Astara's natural white cream hair had been bright blood red all morning, having to deal with ministry and their lackeys that they would send every month to make sure she wasn't harboring Sirius.

Despite the fact that she hadn't had contact with her friend for almost 12 years and he was still in Azkaban.

Her dark eyes burned holes in the broken deer figure that the inspection team had broken with out a care in the world. Not even apologizing after and her having to shoo them out of her house so she could have some much needed privacy. The porcelain deer had been given to her by Lily to represent her when they found out about the prophecy on her future child. Saying that she would always be with her dear friend.

A loud knock on the door stopped her silent rage as she picked up the pieces and put them to the side so she didn't step on any. Another thing that the ministry did, they took away her wands that she couldn't perform any simple magic spells. Like she was a disobedient child, but then again, some would say that she was.

Opening the front door was Alastor 'Mad-eye' Moody, wobbly glass eye and all. His face had its normal scowl as her looked at the dark skinned woman still in her pjs. A fuzzy light gray jumper and white shorts with fluffy slippers that matched. He pushed passed her and walked into her living room.

"All right. Come right in, I guess." She said sarcastically as she closed the door and followed him. Alastor turned around and handed her a parchment roll and a long narrow box. Astara opened the box and saw that it was her wand with its dark grey Hornbeam handle and fake roses along it. Oh, how she missed it.

She raised an eyebrow at the Auror as she looked up from her wand. "Is this an apology; or a bribe?"

"What do you think?" He answered gruffly before saying, "Look at the pages."

Though skeptical, Astara unfolded the pages and scanned over them. They were custody papers. For Harry Potter. Her brown eyes widened as she looked up once more. "Is this real?" She asked, her voice wavering slightly.

He simply nodded his head, watching as her crimson red hair turned to white lavender. Her eyes changing from dark brown to light blue-grey, showing her emotions.

Alastor went to make his leave, grabbing her shoulder with a large hand to show his support and sympathy for the young woman before walking out the door and closing it behind him.

Her, now, stormy blue eyes were trained on the pages, reading the words carefully. Trying to process this was real. After 12 years of trying and failing, she would finally be able to see her godson again. Astara let out a breath of relief and a slight chuckle as she held in parchment pages to her chest.

Looking up to her ceiling, she whispered, "We did it, Lily. Finally." She smiled and stood their, almost feeling Lily and James watching her, proud of her.

'We did it..'