[ten]

• present •

After the holidays, Astara returned her godson back to a school to finish his third year before going back to pick him up for the summer. They had a great time. Harry sent letters to his friends, helping with Astara's paintings which was quite fun, practicing qudditch in the field. It was great.

When the Weasleys invited them to the Qudditch World Cup, she decided to not go so Harry could spend time with just his friends. Since Astara had worked at the ministry, she knew the whole Weasley family. She was even there when the twins were born. Molly may or may not have almost broke her hand when she was in labor...

But when she heard about the Death Eater attack, she panicked. Harry was the only part of James and Lily she had left and she just got him back. Astara didn't plan on losing him again, especially to any Death Fuckers. Once he got back from the tournament, she hugged him as tightly as she could, almost suffocating him.

Astara drove him to Platform 9 3/4 and dropped him off. She even got a hug from Hermione and Ron both. She waved goodbye to him as he got on the train. And for once, Harry wasn't excited to leave home. He missed his aunt and the fun they had. At least he would see her over Christmas break.

~3 weeks later~

The Great Hall was filled with laughter and talking as the students and teachers ate breakfast. The doors opened and the owls flew in to drop off the letters and packages. What surprised the Gryffindor table was the small light brown and white screech owl was carrying a little red envelope was dropped in front of Harry. He never got letters, much less a Howler

The whole table watched as he cautiously opened the red letter. It formed into a snarling mouth. It screamed, "Harry James Potter! What the actual fuck? How did you manage to get your name put in AND drawn out of the goblet of fire?! Oh, who am I kidding? You're James's son, of course you figured it out. Oh, but that's not the point, is it? I don't get an Owl, or an Ember message or anything to tell me this was going on? I have to learn from Reta Skeeter? Reta fucking Skeeter?! Are you kidding me?! Really? REALLY? Did it ever occur to that I might like to know that you will dying a slow and painful death in the sometime near future? Are you trying to give me a heart attack, young man? I just got you back and I'm not planning on letting you die anytime soon! When you get back for Christmas break, you are grounded! That's right! No letters, no wandering, no visiting friends, nothing! And if they return your ashes in a shoebox, I will PERSONALLY resurrect your dumbass and ground you for the rest of your life! Hermione, dear, please make sure he doesn't die."

The letter gobbled itself up, leaving Harry gob smacked. Many people started to whisper,
"Who was that? I thought his parents died.."
"Was that the person who has been raising him?"

The twins had even gotten up and begun to slow clap until almost every single person at the Gryffindor table was wildly applauding and wolf whistling the woman who'd just chewed out Harry fucking Potter in front of three entire schools.

But Harry was hardly embarrassed or upset. He had never had someone who cared enough about him to send him a howler, a strongly worded howler at that. He had not ever had a parent that cared about him.

Harry smiled as he looked down it his plate, cheeks flushed as his housemates continued to tease him. But he was happy. Happy he had a family, no matter how dysfunctional.