[seven]

• past •

When Astara met Severus Snape, it was, to say the least, odd. But it was one of those times that you could remember like it was yesterday. And she was sure Severus felt the same way.

It was a few weeks since the students of Hogwarts got back, or for some, just arrived. It was the beginning of Astara's second year and she had decided to take a dip in the Black Lake since it was still early enough in August that it was still hot out. So she stripped down to her undershirt and underwear, which looked more like boxers, and went for a swim.

She swam away from the shore and behind some of the large rocks so that no one could see her, cough cough the teachers. As she did so, her advanced hearing could hear teasing and merciless laughing. Astara swam closer to one of the large rocks, moving some of her white hair out of her face as it stuck to her.

There, standing at the waters edge, one with black hair, one with dark brown, one with dirty blonde and a pudgy figure, and...Remus. What the hell? Why was he there? The first two were laughing at a boy with long, kind of greasy, black hair and pale skin who was laying on his back in the water as he pushed himself on his elbows.

Astara could guess what happened. They wanted to be mean and push that pale boy in the water. She would definitely be having a stern talking to with Remus later..but first..

She drove underwater and swam over to them. She turned into an albino lion as she broke through the water. She growled at the four standing boys as she slowly prowled towards them. They all looked at her in fear, a lion that looked like it was about the pounce was a scary sight for such young boys.

Remus looked at the white lion with wide eyes as he knew it was Astara. She had caught him red hand. She narrowed his gleaming eye at him and opened her mouth, a loud roar erupted from her, as if she was telling him that they would be talking about this. He ran after his friends, who were already fleeing the scene but he caught up quickly.

Feeling satisfied with herself, she turned about to human, well as human as she could get. She turned to the boy in the water, who evidently hadn't moved at all and was now looking up at the older girl in shock.

Astara smiled at him and held out her hand to him, "You ok, dude?"

He was still looking at her as he hesitantly took her hand and let her pull him up. They were both now standing up and facing each other as Astara held out her hand for him to shake.

"I'm Astara. Astara White."

The boy took her hand and shook it as he introduced himself. "I'm S-Severus Snape." She liked his little stutter and giggled a bit as she grabbed his wrist.

"Come on. I'll take you back to the castle." She pulled him in the direction of the school as Severus asked, "Why are you helping me?"

Astara turned her head back to look at him as she smiled, "Because we're friends now!"

The dark haired boy looked at her in surprise. He didn't have any friends except Lily. Everyone else thought he was kind of weird and they didn't try to hide it. "We're friends?" He asked slightly confused on why she would want to be his friends.

"Of course!"

"Do I get a choice?"

The white haired girl looked back at him for a second before saying, "Nope." as she giggled and lead him back to the castle they called home, hand and hand.