[seventeen]

• past •

The Marauders' laughter, along with Astara's, could be heard throughout the walls of the castle. The five of them ran through the halls as they ran away from Flinch.

They had just played an epic prank on the school keeper which was why they were now running away. They had made everything in his office float, including Ms. Norris!

As the Marauders ran, they could hear Flinch's yelling from a few halls down. When they all saw him round the corner, the split up. James, Peter and Remus going right, Astara and Sirius going left. The yellow haired girl somehow lost him though and was now looking for a place to hide.

Something grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the nearest broom closet. She went to scream but a hand covered her mouth. Astara looked up and saw Sirius with a cheeky look on his face as he shushed her.

"You cheeky git! You scared me half to death!" She whisper yells at him as he chuckles quietly.

"Sorry love, couldn't resist." He smirks at her as he whispers.

Astara looks between them at and noticed how close they were. The closet was very small so they were practically on top of each other.

But that shouldn't change anything...right? Sirius must have noticed as well but he didn't say anything.

Her hair slowly turned pink, getting dark by the minute as his grey eyes seemed to trace her face. Counting every freckle, her dark brown eyes that were turning pink as well, and curve of her face. She did the same to him, the ridge of his nose, his pale skin, and sharp-enough-to-cut-glass jaw line.

They seemed to be getting closer by the second.  Astara's hair was now hot pink with matching eyes as she stared up at him.

"It's very cramped in here, huh?" Sirius whispered softly, his eye flickering down to her plush lips. She hummed and trained her eyes on his own lips.

They both leaned in.

She could feel his breath on her lips.

Their noses bumped together.

When the door knob wiggled.

Astara quickly push Sirius back as she forced her hair to turn back into the happy yellow it was before. James opened the door with a giddy smile before he looked at Sirius, who was on the ground in shock.

"What happened?" James asked, completely oblivious to what just almost happened.

"Sirius fell. Nothing else." Astara said quickly as she moved pass the Gryffindor boy and left the closet before anything else happened that she would regret. She caught up with Remus and Peter who were just down the hall.

'Stupid! He doesn't like you like that! Let it go.' She thought to herself as she smiled and nodded with whatever Remus was talking about. Unbeknownst to her, Sirius thinking the same thing.

They never talked about it again.