005

"TONY, HE IS YOUR SON and you are going to see him off as he goes for his first day to a new school." Pepper, who was absolutely annoyed, told Tony who was pretending to listen. "Tony! Are you even listening to me?" She said, quitting her rant about Ryder; who was currently getting ready, and looked at Tony with an annoyed expression.

"Why? He's not that important plus I have work to do." He said, finally looking at her. She pointed towards the stairs, "Upstairs! Now!" The demand in her voice made him sigh and stood up. She stood there until he actually walked up.

Ryder was putting on his leather jacket, hi rings and fixing his hair. His clothes had been delivered overnight along with all of his stylish accessories and his skateboard. Taking his skateboard in his hand and his backpack; which had also been delivered overnight; on his back and walked out of the room, ready for a long day.

Walking into the kitchen, he saw both Pepper and Tony waiting for him. Pepper was smiling and Tony had his hands behind his back, looking around nervously. "Hey, Pepper. Hey, Tony." He greeted them, he had forgotten about Tony standing there and would have skipped over him if he hadn't looked straight at him.

Tony was looking him over. His outfit of choice wasn't foreign to him, he had once in his time tried that but his father had shut it down and it didn't suit him. But he had to admit, Ryder looked good with his white t-shirt, black jeans with a chain dangling across the waistband to his jeans pockets.

"Ryder! Happy is just outside, he will drop you off at school and will pick you up." Pepper said when she heard his voice. "Drop me off...?" Ryder asked, confused. He thought he was going alone, on his skateboard, did he mention alone?

"Yeah." Pepper answered, not sensing his confusion. "Wouldn't that be suspicious? Like, Tony Stark's bodyguard dropping a nobody to school?" He questioned with a raised eyebrows, leaning on his skateboard.

"You have a point but then how will you go there?" Pepper, ignoring Ryder calling himself a nobody, was trying to figure out a solution when she was interrupted by Ryder clearing his throat. He pointed towards the skateboard he was leaning on with a smirk.

"Is it safe? Maybe you can take one of Tony's cars-" Pepper was once again interrupted by Tony, "Uh... I didn't agree to that." Gesturing to Tony he spoke, "See, he doesn't want me taking his car. Besides, I've been riding this since third grade, I'll be fine."

"I'd feel a lot better if you take a car." She said, slightly worried. Ryder sighed, he wasn't gonna get away. "Fine, I'll take a car. Just don't worry." He replied, leaning his skateboard on the wall. "You can't take my car without my permission." Tony said to Ryder who, frankly, had forgotten about him. "Pepper said to take the car, are you opposing Pepper?" He questioned Tony with a warning look.

"Fine..." Tony obeyed, reluctantly. He knew he couldn't win an argument against the redhead. "Happy will give you the keys. Now, go and have a great day." Pepper smiled one last time, giving him a hug and sending him on his way.

Walking out, he saw a man in a classic suit with his nose flares and his eyes narrowed. "You must be Happy...?" Happy nodded his head and smiled. The change in demeanor shocked Ryder for a second before he regained the confidence. "Pepper told me you'd give me the keys." He said.

Happy nodded again and threw the keys at him. Ryder moved fast and caught the key in his hand. He nodded at Happy in acknowledgement and slipped on his shades that were resting at the neckline of his shirt. As Ryder got in the car, Happy bit his lip. This was the first time he had met Ryder and the parallels with Tony were uncanny. The way his smiled was a little crooked, no doubt by smirking too much. Or the way his eyes were the same honey eyes that were carried by his best friend. The same brown eyes that seemed arrogant to any outsider but he knew what pain and secrets they held.