~ Chapter Three ~

Emilia looked down into the sparkling eyes of the three year old who was sitting beside her on the couch, trying to think of the perfect way to answer the young child's question.

"Melia," Addison said pulling on Emilia's sleeve. Emilia suddenly realised that it had been several minutes since Addison had asked her the question. Just then Emilia remembered something. She could ring her older brother Ethan, and ask him to explain.

Emilia flashed back to when she was about the same age as Addison. The day Ethan came home from school. The day he first saw colours....

~Flash Back~

Emilia was just six years old when her older brother Ethan, came home from school with a wide grin on his face. As soon as he walked thought the door Emilia knew something was up, as Ethan wasn't you typical type of person who smiled as wide as he was smiling.

That was when Emilia overheard the conversation going on between Ethan and their mother. Just then Ethan flops on the couch beside Emilia.

"What are you smiling about?" Six year old Emilia asked.

"Because I can finally see colours," Ethan said as six year old Emilia's eyes light up like a light bulb.

"What's it like?" Emilia said, the curiosity getting the better of her.

"Well from what I've seen so far it's spectacular. Every colour is perfect and fits together wonderfully," Ethan said putting it into the right context for the six year old.

"Wow," Emilia said hopping of the couch and going back to playing with her dolls.

~ End of flash back ~

"Melia" Addison says once again pulling on Emilia's sleeve.

"Wow I really need to sort my zoning out problem," Emilia thinks to herself.

"Well I haven't exactly seen colours," Emilia says quietly but just loud enough for Addison to hear.

"Oh." Addison says quietly before starting to hope off the couch.

"We could call Ethan if you want. He's seen colours," Emilia says leaning over to her backpack and taking out her phone, knowning that Ethan wouldn't have any classes as she has memorised her older brother's class schedule knowning when he is in lectures or not and knowing when it was the perfect time for her to ring.

"Oh k." The three year old says hopping back onto the couch and watching Emilia's every move as she presses in Ethan's number before putting it onto speaker, after a few rings before Ethan picks up.

"Hello," Ethan says as he answers the phone.

"Hey Ethan, Emilia here. Addison has a quick question for you," Emilia manages to get out before she is interrupted by Addison.

"E-than" Addison yells into the phone pronouncing Ethan's name in two syllables.

"Addison", Ethan yells back making the three year old giggle.

"I miss you", Addison says sadly into the phone.

"I miss you too farling", Ethan replies into the phone in a sad tone,

"So what was it that you wanted to ask me?" Ethan says changing the question so that the child wouldnt get too upset.

"What is seeing colours like?" Addison replies as Ethan remembers a time when it was Emilia asking him the same questions.

"Well that is a good question. Now where do I begin?" Ethan starts.

"You know the sun rise? Well every, well most nights and some mornings the sky looks like it is on fire with all the colours blending in together..." Emilia looked other at Addision too see her eyes sparkiling.

"The ocean in summer, with the sun bouncing of it looks like there is a million and one Dimonds sparkiling in the ocean," Ethan states as Addison closers her eyes, trying to picture what her older brother Ethan is on about.

"The trees in autumn have the most perfect colours. No two trees looks the exact same but every tree has a rainbow of colours on it, which makes the towns look super beautiful."

"In winter there are many different colours, like the fairy lights that are pined onto different houses, or the glowniness of the lights from peoples houses which are covered in snow."

"The flowers in spring can brighten up anyones day no matter how your feeling, walking through a garden fill of tulips and roses and seeing there beautiful colours, they look even more beautiful then they smell.

"Well I better be going now," Ethan says before hanging up.

"Wow I cant wait to see colours," The three year old states getting up from the couch and going to her room to play with her dolls.

"Neither can I Addison neither can I." Emilia says under her breath before going to watch the the three year old.

So how are you all enjoying this story ?? Ill update soon.