Chapter 8

Emilia sat in the waiting room, twiddling her thumbs as the clock ticked so loud, it could quite possibly break the tension in the room.

She stared at the white sterile walls that surrounded her. No matter how many times she was told, she would never quite possibly believe that this was not her fault. No matter how many times she had been told by her mum, Ethan or even Chase there was no way she would ever forgive herself if Addison did not pull through.

Emilia looked up at the clock to see the second hand moving slower than a snail. Emilia looked and saw it had been only an hour since the pale, lifeless body lay in front of her as she was rushed up to surgery, and it wasn't until that moment that Emilia realized that she may "not" have a little sister any more.

"Hey Emilia, can I talk to you for a second?"Chase said scratching the back of his neck looking like the nerves could explode at any time.

"Yeah, sure," Emilia said pushing herself of the edge of the hard, cold, squeaky chair, and bringing her over sized sweatshirt which Ethan had let her borrow up to her eyes and wiped the dry tears from her face, each tear leaving a trail and marking her face.

"So I was wondering... if maybe you wanted... to you know go out some time?" Chase said rubbing the back of his neck as Emilia's face turns a even more paler.

"You are not seriously asking me now, when Addison's life is hanging on the line and could flat line at any moment are you?" Emilia said rather angrily as she pushes her glasses up her nose.

"I just wanted to help," Chase said, looking down at his shoes as his heart filled and felt like it could explode at any time.

"I know that Chase, but maybe ask again when Addison is out of hospital," Emilia said with a small smile escaping at the corners of her mouth. This is the first time in the last few hours that she has smiled.

"Okay Em. I will leave you and your family, but I'll come back later okay?" Chase said while giving her a hug.

- page brake -

"Here," Ethan said passing Emilia a hospital cup, full with a mochaccino.

"Do you think she is going to be okay?" Emilia asked looking down at her mocha as a single tear rolled down her face.

"Of course. She is a little fighter. Remember when she had just turned two and it was her birthday party and mum hired a bouncy house for her. Anyway it was it two on at a time policy, but the little girl she was on with at the time kinda got carried away, and she landed face first on the concrete with a broken nose, and needing stitches on her knee, and when the surgeons/Anaesthetist injected her with the local anesthetic she didn't flinch at all. If she can get through that I am sure that she will get through this," Ethan said rubbing Emilia's back while looking over at there to see that she had fallen fast asleep.

"I just feel helpless..." Emilia said after a few minutes and a few sips of coffee.

"What do you mean?" Ethan replied, knowing what Emilia meant but knowing that she would feel a whole heap better if she was able to rant for a bit.

"It was just seeing her lying helpless after being attacked by the dogs, and then losing so much blood and seeing her lying there pale as a sheep not able to do anything. All I wanted to do was swap places with her. I 'd much rather it be me in that situation, I mean she is my little sister. I am not meant to do anything to hurt her, but what do I do, I hurt her so much. I broke a promise to her Ethan. I told her one thing then went around her back by accident. I broke her trust Ethan, I broke our three year old little sister trust. Who even does that? She is never going to trust me again," Emilia said sobbing into Ethan shoulder.

"Emilia, listen to me. You have not broken Addy's trust. She will still love you just the same. I have seen the way she looks up to you, you're her big sis and she loves you, and she will okay," Ethan said rubbing his sisters back trying to comfort her.

That's when Emilia's phone went on and the text she got was one that she was not expecting. She looked at her phone to see it was from an unknown number

"Hahaha. Addison got what was coming to her you know. No-one messes with me and your sister got in the way."

Emilia bursted into tears at the thought that someone had deliberately done this to hurt her sister.

"Emilia what's wrong?" Ethan asked, immediately noticing a change in his sisters mood.

"If I find out who did this they are dead," Emilia said gripping her teeth together, mad at the thought someone had done this to purposely hut her baby sister.

"Did what?" Ethan said confused thinking maybe the topic had changed and he had dozed off unintentionally.

"This," Emilia said showing Ethan, barely able to speak on the matter.

"They are so dead," Ethan said letting the anger take over him. He did not like being compaired to your stero-typical sibling, but yes he was very over protective of his sisters. But he didn't mind as he absolutely loved them to pieces.

"Family Of Addison," a surgeon said as he steeped out of a room.

Emilia stood up, while Ethan shaked his mother awake.

"You may see her now, however she has been put into a coma for a few days while her injuries die down," The doctor said as relief sweeps over Emilia

"See told you see would be okay," Ethan said hugging her sister.

So how did you like that? I hope you liked it. Let me know what you think. Also who do you think was Addison's Attacker ? I will update soon :)