The Chosen, Baz.

Vote and comment! 💛💛

AU: Baz is the chosen one, Simon came from the Old Families. Reverse roles, but same thought process. Prompt by, SourCherryScones3 !

Baz's POV

I wake up next to Simon Snow, my infuriatingly idiotic roommate. He might come from the Old Families, but he's not much except a fancy coat and expensive yet, mismatched clothes. Truly an imbecile. . . Just an imbecile: with hypnotic blue eyes, the most bouncy bronze curls, and a body speckled with constellations of freckles. 

        I definitely despise him. And he despises me too. So does his family. They stand against the Mage, whom I, unfortunately have to support; especially since the Mage is the only reason I'm at Watford. Because he claims 'Basilton is the Chosen One! He will be our savior!'

       And then the dickhead sends me to do all his work for him. But I suppose I must. Along with somehow keep my grades the highest, and grooming myself. I hate being the Chosen One so much. And I hate how Simon's family wishes to kill me. . . While there is nothing I want more than Simon.

          My heart falls, as I race back to our room from the Catacombs. I wonder how the everyone would react if they found out that their precious Chosen, is actually a vampire. . . I wonder how astonished and disappointed the Mage would be. And the look of dread on Simon's face. I'm hopeless aren't I?

           And I know I am. I hold supernovas of magick, pent up in my heart. . And Simon just sits there on his bed, attempting to read and failing miserably. All I want to do is jump his bones. Even though there's entire galaxies between us. Light years of distance. Why, oh why?

"Ah, Snow, I don't know why I'm surprised you're struggling to read." I quip walking into the bathroom, holding back tears. Today is just. . . A bad day. Goblins wouldn't leave me alone, I dreamt of that insufferable Humdrum, and Simon glared at me. Simon reminded me how much he hated me, every chance he got.

"Stop—I don't know why I'm surprised you're acting like a git. Being 'Chosen' isn't much of an excuse, Baz!" He says, without blustering for once.

"Well, Snow, being 'Chosen' isn't as fun as you think it is!" I suddenly yell, turning around to really sneer at him.

"Uh. . What?" He asks, confused by my sudden outburst, especially since I usually lord my power over his head.

"Fuck you, Snow! No one here even realizes how bloody annoying it is to be fucking 'Chosen'! Chosen by who, goddamn it?!" And I can't stop yelling. It scares Snow. He's silent, and staring at me intently, warily.

"Baz. . . What's this about?" He whispers, slowly getting off his bed and walking towards me.

"Everything, you arse! It's about everything!" I know my eyes are narrowed and my damper on my magick is falling loose. "Bloody everyone! I don't want to fucking fight harmless dragons, or be a bloody Goblin prize, or fucking Humdrum bait!" I keep shouting, and wailing at this point. I don't know why I'm letting my nemesis see me like this. . Especially since he's supposed to kill me. "And I hate you, Simon. So fucking much! What did I ever do to deserve to be killed by you?!"

"Bazzy, what are you talking about? I'm not going to hurt you. I swear on Merlin." He whispers, suddenly wrapping his strong arms around my waist. His head lies on my chest, and I sigh, letting my chin rest on his curls. I'm so fucking tired. . .

        He plants a kiss on my collarbone. Then one to my neck, as I raise my head, giving him access.  

        I don't know what the fuck is happening, but quite honestly, I don't care.
       So I let Simon Snow fool me, I let him draw me out. Let him grasp at my hair, and pull me down into a passionate kiss. I comply when his hands pull me closer; when his tongue brushes against my lower lip, pleading for entrance; when he leads me to his bed, and straddles my waist, holding himself up, watching me helplessly reach up to kiss him. To cross the line for him. And I'd cross any line for him. He's all I've ever loved.

Simon's POV

I don't care that I've changed everything. That I've betrayed my family. That I've ruined any chance at defeating the Mage's heir, the way everyone wanted me to.

           Because Baz is wonderfully cold in my arms, and he's growing warm wherever I touch him for too long. Because he's so fucking gorgeous, and I've been dreaming about his sculpted lips all this time. Because he's so vulnerable, and so scared, and I want to protect him. From everything.