Thirteen

//Wendy's POV (ooh new point of view!)//

Eddy Chen is really a wonder.

It's impossible to explain unless you've experienced it yourself, but it's somehow different from the majority of other artists. Something is happening inside him when he works, something no one can see or feel but him.

Sometimes he closes his eyes, so he can't even see what he's doing, yet whatever flows through him into the canvas is nearly flawless. The small imperfections that come with it only make it more perfect, a steady reminder that nothing can be truly done with absolutely no errors.

It's no secret he's talented, but I've watched him more than enough times to know that most of his so called "talent" is only there because of hard work and patience. I know it sounds creepy, like I'm just sitting there in the room with him, staring at him, but I'm actually rarely ever looking at him. I only stare at the canvas in front of him, watching as complexity unfolds.

Eddy sits at a standard wooden desk and chair, in front of a glass window. The bed is off to the corner, and a table with a lamp shines brightly in the dim place. There isn't much to the room, but there isn't really much to the whole hotel in general. I like to keep things simple. Simplicity works perfectly for me.

There is no sound except for the delicate sweep of a paintbrush, mixing black and white to form gray, and the intense peacefulness. Can peacefulness even be intense? I'm not sure, but that's what it feels like. Again, hard to explain.

It's also a wonder how Eddy manages to create such marvels with only black, white, and various shades of gray. It's something I've never been able to wrap my head around. I can't wait until I'm able to show him each and every color whenever..

If he ever...

If he ever is able to see them. I pull my gaze away from his canvas and onto the tiled wood floor in the hotel room I gave him, blinking sadly.

If he ever DOES find his soulmate. If his parents don't find out until it's too late.

I feel really bad for him, I do. I grew up so happily, with my little untalented, spoiled soul. I found Tyler very early, at maybe 14. It was only then when I realized the world beyond my little bubble of joy.

Tyler really had it bad. A son in a family of seven, with a deathly sick mother and a father with severe alcohol problems. He and his four siblings wouldn't have survived if they'd been alone. Thankfully they had each other to lean on. Unfortunately, Tyler was the oldest, and he had to do most of the work.

His story taught me do many lessons. I definitely didn't become a businesswoman like everyone wanted me to, instead moving from my hometown in Canada to Australia to start my own way of life. Life as a hotel manager is going great, and I couldn't wish for anything more than a soulmate who loves me and a stable job.

Tyler's situation was obviously a lot worse than Eddy's, but I can't help but feel so bad that such a sweet and amazing person has to go through life being different, being the one people always glared at on the streets, thinking he hated people having a soulmate bond because of his parent's beliefs.

He's almost like a son to me at this point.

Sometimes I wonder if the universe made a mistake, placing Eddy into a family that went against everything he wanted.

But the universe doesn't make mistakes.

Everything happens for a reason. 

▪️◼️◻️▫️⬛️◾️◽️⬜️▪️◼️◻️▫️⬛️◾️◽️⬜️▪️◼️◻️▫️⬛️◾️◽️⬜️

Hiii, please remember to vote and comment, and I'll see you next chapter!