Six

A/N: enough of Brett, ready for some Eddy POV?

For as long as I can remember, my parents were shamed on. They always told me, "You don't need colors, life is full in the simplicity of black and white."

And they only said that because they never saw colors.

They don't need colors.

They don't believe in soulmates.

My parents are probably one of the only couples married that weren't born soulmates. They forbade me for looking for mine, saying it was only a waste of time. This time could be spent on doing more useful things. In their way of thinking, soulmates were a useless concept.

My heart aches and hurt, because all I really wanted was someone who was meant for me. I needed a way to show this person that I loved them, and that I would do anything to find them and give them everything they deserve.

I need to express my endless love for someone I'd never met. I feel that pull inside of me whenever I think about the whole thing, just wishing that one day I'll find them.

So while I wait, I draw. Sometimes I don't even need to look at the paper, the art just flows through me, like music. I draw whatever comes through my emotions, as the salty tears drip down my face and plop onto the paper, dampening my work.

My body contorts in sobs, and I am unable to pick up the pencil and continue. I can't.

It's too much. Memories from too long ago push their way to the front of my mind, drowning out any other noises around me.

"Little Billy, stay away from that boy. His parents are against the way of soulmates! He probably will be too. Don't ever talk to him!" I heard a parent tell his son as I walked past on my short six-year-old legs.

"Ew, isn't that the son of those two horrible people? The ones who are against colors? Ugh, stay away from him." I dashed around the brick wall, out of view, so no one could see the tears. Even though I was only nine, no one cared about me anyway. I just didn't want them to make even more fun of me.

And even now, as I'm 16, still no one wants anything to do with me. Can't they see it's not my fault?

Can't they see I'm not like my parents?

Can't they see I have feelings?

Can't they see I just want to be...happy?

I grip my pencil tight, the wood rubbing against my finger in an uncomfortable way. There was that one time...one time I got close to finding my soulmate. I was going to do it, I was! And I could have! But I guess some things are not meant to be.

A/N: slightly shorter chapter than usual, because the last one was longer. Also, the next chapter is a flashback from Eddy's perspective and I wanted to start the flashback on a new chapter.

Also remember to vote and comment, thank you 😊🤗