04

After the drunken fiasco, you swore to yourself, never to drink again. You were so embarrassed that every time you passed a co-worker you had to apologize to them as they laughed and said that it was alright.

Kuroo started getting more curious about your past relationship with him and you told him little snippets of it.

Your relationship with Kuroo started to mend over time. Now he was really like your best friend. You would complain about work to him and he would tell you his problems. The topic you most wanted to avoid was, of course, Alisa.

Kuroo didn't bring it up. He talked about her a couple of times but that was it. The only information you know about them was that they didn't live together and they've been dating for two years until he asked her to marry him.

Your heart shattered at every information but on the outside, you looked calm and professional.

Manager: Are you guys ready for the 10k run today?

Co-worker: No?

Manager: Well, y'all should. The higher-ups and other divisions are waiting for us. Let's go.

You wore sports clothes and tied your hair up before following the others to the elevator. It was full when you got there so you couldn't squeeze in.

You have left the only one waiting for another elevator to arrive on your floor and got in the space.

Kuroo: Wait!

Kuroo put his hand in between the doors as it opened up and he got himself inside.

Kuroo: That was close.

You: What's got you in a rush?

Kuroo turned to you and showed you a sad smile.

Kuroo: There were problems with the emails so I had to work on that before joining the others.

You: Email troubles. Hope you didn't send the wrong one to the higher-ups.

Kuroo: Actually, I did.

He embarrassedly scratched his neck and you couldn't help but laugh at his cute reaction.

You: You sent them a personal email?

Kuroo: I was writing an email to my dad.

You: Dad?

Kuroo: He's eccentric. Anyway, I sent it to the branch manager and he gave me a long scolding.

You: That's so funny! Imagine calling the branch manager Daddy.

Kuroo: I don't call him that.

You: You do.

Kuroo: Hoo, so now you're brave enough to tease your senior co-worker?

You: We were best friends. Give me some slack.

Kuroo: You think you're Sodium funny.

He tried to crack a chemistry joke resulting in you rolling your eyes at him.

You: Alright, dork.

---

The whole company participated in the 10k run. Most of the people working here are athletic so it was a fun thing to do. You also ran the 10k distance in an admirable time.

As one of the people who finished first. You walked inside the volleyball stadium where the run finished. You quickly got a cold bottle of water, drank it, and took another one.

You ventured through the place and decided to rest in the bleachers when you found a sleeping Kuroo lying peacefully.

Back in uni, he would always sleep in the bleachers after practice, using your thighs as pillows. You smiled at the memory and walked towards him.

The sun showered down on him, glazing its golden glow onto Kuroo's face. He didn't change at all after three years. He looked more mature than before, but he's still the same Kuroo you knew.

You wanted to tuck away a stray hair on his forehead when Kuroo's eyes suddenly opened and he grabbed your hand towards his chest.

You realized that Kuroo's face and yours were only inches apart from a kiss. The kiss you craved so much in those three years you were apart.

Kuroo seemed to have realized the situation too and let go of your hand. You reacted by moving away from him and help up the cold water bottle.

You: H2O?

Kuroo broke out laughing at your awkward reaction and took the bottle in your hands.

Kuroo: I guess I know why we were best friends.

You uncomfortably shifted in your place and looked away from him. Right, best friends.