Chapter 9: Continuing Live-streaming

Right now, Liu Man didn't know about the messy thoughts ongoing inside Shen Mozhen's head. She had already forgotten about Tang Tu as she tried her best not to suffocate while moving along in the subway trains while heading back home within the huge crowds of people who had just finished work.

It was already eight when she arrived at home. Zhang Pei made dinner for her. As she ate, she told her mother, "Mom, I'm going to sell all my AJs."

"Aren't they your treasures? Before, you wouldn't even let me or your dad touch them." Zhang Pei was stunned.

"That was before, when I wasn't considerate and spent my money on things I shouldn't be buying. Now that dad got himself involved in this kind of incident, I can't just watch. The three of us are in this together, and I can't just let you take all the responsibility."

"Don't sell them, second-hand shoes aren't worth that much. You don't have to do anything about this, I will figure out what to do," Zhang Pei still loved and cared about her daughter too much. Collecting AJs was one of Liu Man's few hobbies, and she still remembered her daughter's smile that came from her heart every time she received a pair of AJs.

"I already sold a pair today and earned a thousand RMB," Liu Man took out her phone to show her mother the transaction record, "Look, I only put up the post for about one day, and someone had already bought it. It's actually very easy to sell my AJs, since those AJ fans love these kinds of limited versions."

Zhang Pei saw the line that said "Successful order and transaction", and was very surprised. Before, this pair of shoes used to be Liu Man's favorite ones, and it was a limited version. Liu Man finally got it online after staying up past midnight. Zhang Pei wanted to tell her daughter not to give up her hobbies, but when she looked into her daughters' eyes, she saw a slight glint in her dark black eyes.

Before, there used to be recklessness, willfulness, and even a bit of arrogance and soleness, in front of family, of course, in these eyes. But right now, they had a sheer clearness. Zhang Pei felt as if her eyes had magical powers that could let her relax and confidently believe in her. No matter how hard and long the path in front of them was, it would be alright in the end.

Zhang Pei's expression turned into a smile, which was rarely seen on her face these days, "Forget it, forget it. I'm not going to interfere then, go do whatever you want."

After she fed Daylight and took care of her cat litter, Liu Man started preparing for livestream. She didn't have a phone holder, so she simply held the phone up by putting it on a pile of thick books on the middle of the table. She adjusted the position for a few moments, and then finally adjusted the front camera of the phone into an almost perfect angle.

At exactly nine o'clock in the evening, Liu Man started her livestream.

In the viewers' list, the first two were "HeheHaha" (Li Xiaoru) and "NANA" (Wang Nina), they had been waiting for Liu Man for a long time.

"Hey sis, you're finally online!" –HeheHaha

"We've been waiting for so long" –HeheHaha

"Please start soon" –HeheHaha

...

Liu Man never knew that Li Xiaoru was a spammer, yet the comment section was filled with her messages in less than a moment.

"Whoa, so you're live-streaming at home today, sis?" –I'm here for the shoes

"Yeah, I came home from school today," She answered and peered at the viewers' list with the corner of her eyes. Excluding her two "fake audience" members, the three other viewers were all familiar to her, "I'm here for the shoes", "Dragon's Roar", and the "Otaku Boy" who accidentally entered the livestreaming room yesterday.