Chapter 42: Auditioning For The Film

The next day, Liu Man arrived at the Galaxy building just after nine passed, because of what Peach had said.

Galaxy building was the headquarters of Capital City Galaxy Film and Television Ltd. It had 37 floors in total, and the building looked very huge. It could be counted as one of the landmark buildings in the city. Because there were many famous superstars in the entertainment circle who had constantly appeared here, to prevent fans from entering, the security here was very strict. Each entrance had its own security team and electronic door systems.

Liu Man had just gotten near the front doors before a sentry who was wearing a completely black uniform came over to stop her.

"We don't let any random people go near this building, stay away," The guard thought she was just another young girl trying to get a glimpse of her idol.

"I'm here for an interview," Liu Man said.

Coincidentally, Galaxy Film and Television had just finished finding new super-stars-in-trainings, so the guard impatiently said, "Don't try to lie to me with an excuse. The interviews for new-super-stars-trainees are over, and we haven't received a notice for new interviewees."

The guard's words bewildered Liu Man too. She opened WeChat to confirm that she came to the right place, and told the guard, "Professor Qiu Jing told me to come here."

The guard's expressions immediately changed when he heard Qiu Jing's name. He took a few more glances at Liu Man, "Oh, so you're here for the audition. Why are you here alone? No one took you here? You came here on foot? Where's your car?"

Liu Man said, "I don't own a car, I came here by riding the subway."

"That's weird," The guard mumbled, and said again, "You're here too early, but that can be good sometimes. Come with me, we need to log in your information."

Liu Man followed him into the security office and put in her information on a chart. The guard then took out a card from a drawer, "This is a temporary key to the front doors, you can enter now."

"Thank you!"

Liu Man held the card as she crossed a small plaza before arriving at the entrance of the building. The two sides of the entrance were a huge parking place. There, parked multiple kinds of expensive business cars and Alphard cars. There were even a few sports cars.

At this time, it was when people started to work. A lot of staff members were walking towards the entrance of the building. They all looked very astute and grown-up, and they all had an elite aura on them.

Liu Man mixed into the crowd and got onto the elevator.

As she got onto the 37th floor, she got out of the elevator. As she stepped onto the soft carpet, she looked around her. She realized that she didn't know how to get to the audition room.

A young woman who walked out of the elevator at the same time turned around to look at her before finally recognizing her. She asked tentatively,

"You are Liu Man?"

"Yes, I am."

"I remember that Manager Qiu said that they had set the time to 10 o'clock. Why are you here so early?"

Liu Man smiled, "I think it's better to be early."

Her smile was a mixture of austereness being a student, coyness, and a bit of discreetness. The young woman, who had been seeing a lot of arrogant and self-centered people lately, had a favorable impression of her.

"Follow me then."

The young woman was wearing a pair of high-heels which were very high and thin, but she had a really fast pace. Liu Man followed her, taking as huge steps as she could. The young woman kept on walking as she told Liu Man, "I'm Manager Qiu's assistant, Zhou Xi. I will put you in conference room number four for now, and I'll depart from you as soon as Manager Qiu's here."