❤️ Day 1 ❤️

Day 1 of meeting Adam Banks

We are all getting ready for a game. The locker room was packed full of kids. It was a bit loud. All I could hear was yelling and screaming? I could hear my friend Connie talking about her boyfriend Guy, non-stop. I didn't have the guts to tell her it was annoying because she's so great. I listened to her because I know this subject matters to her. She's been through a lot lately. She was just warming up to the old coach when he had a heart attack. It's been a long year. Getting a new coach. Losing a coach. My dad moving away. But, if you really think about it then this year hasn't been all that bad? I never really had anything to lose with my dad? We were never close except for when it came to his music. We used to sing together all the time.

"He's so cute, and I don't know how to blah, blah, blah..." said Connie.

I wanted to listen but, then the door squeaked open to reveal a boy. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. It was Adam Banks... The Hawk boy. He was wearing really nice clothes. It felt like I was getting hit with a million fireballs? Then Coach Bombay walked in.

"Hey! Wasn't sure if you'd show up?" said Coach. Banks looked at him.

"Yeah, whatever... I just wanna play hockey," said Banks. I stared at him because I felt a sort of something different when he walked in.

"On behalf of the Ducks, I'd like to say welcome!" said Charlie. He was the boy who liked me, and I think I like him too. Before Charlie could move to shake Banks's hand, he got stopped by Jesse Hall. He was a good player but, he didn't really accept change very well? Jesse put his hand over Charlie's chest.

"Cake-eater!" said Jesse. What a first impression! I was mad. Did Jesse really have to act like this? I mean, no one really knows Banks yet. I mean sure, he was a Hawk but he's a Duck now. Just accept the fact that maybe he's not all that bad!

"Oooo! The Jess-man! This is the new guy! The Jester!" sung Averman, the clown of the team.

"SHUT UP, AVERMAN!!" yelled Jesse. Harsh much? 

"It's just a joke?" I heard Averman say. 

"Putin on a Ducks jersey doesn't mean you're a real Duck!" said Jesse.

"Jesse, chill out, man?" I said. He looked at me like I had just started a war. Then he pushed his way through Coach and Banks and walked out of the locker room. The rest of the team left as well. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I picked up my stick and walked out in between Fulton and Charlie. 

We all filed out onto the ice. We did a couple of circles around and then Banks came out onto the ice looking gloomier than before. He's had a rough time. I get it, I've been through similar. I start skating closer to Banks.

"Hey! I know Charlie tried to say welcome but, Jesse interrupted so, welcome!" I said trying to be cheery so I could maybe put a smile on his face. He looked away and then looked at me with a smile on his face.

"You can go over and hang out with your girl buddies... I won't tell," said Banks.

"What?" I asked. "I said you don't have to be nice to me just because it's the right thing to do!" he said while moving his fingers for quotation marks.

"That's not why I'm being nice to you? I'm being nice to you because we are a team now? You should just get over your "I have to be rude to fit in" faze and get your head in the game!" I said to Banks. As I skated forwards away from Banks, I looked back to find that he was smiling at me. I couldn't help laughing.

"What's so funny, Tamara?" asked Connie and Charlie. 

"Oh, nothing... I think that what I said to Banks really got to his head!" I said with happiness. Connie laughed but, Charlie didn't.

"What's wrong, Charlie?" I asked.

"I wish hockey didn't have to be about war?" said Charlie. Connie nodded.

"It's not... It's about pride."