❤️ Day 8 ❤️

I could already tell that it would be a hard day. My night was horrible. I decided to cancel the coke date with Adam. I just couldn't imagine how bad of a person I was being to Charlie. I mean I didn't even think about him for one second? It was so hard to make such an obvious choice. I knew I was meant to be with Adam but, I just couldn't hurt Charlie. I was afraid of change. I always have been? Connie still came over for a sleepover but it wasn't the same. She tried to cheer me up but nothing worked? I felt like crap. It was probably the worst sleepover of all time. I just hope she's not mad at me? I should probably call her. I jumped out of bed to pick up the phone and dial her home phone.

"Hello?" an older woman answered. It was her mom.

"Hi... I'm looking for Connie." I said.

"Oh, whos this?" she asked.

"It's Tamara. I really need to talk to her, it's important." I said.

"I'm sorry? Connie's not home right now! You will have to call again later." she said.

"Can you tell me where she is, maybe?" I asked.

"She's at the mall with her friend Tammy," she said.

"But? Connie's not friends with Tammy?" I said.

"Well? Maybe she's with the whole team?" she said.

"Yeah? Maybe?" I didn't really know what to say. I was speechless?

"I'll have to let you go! I have a lot of laundry to do," she said.

"Alright, bye." she hung up and I walked over to my closet to grab clothes. It didn't matter what I was wearing today. All I cared about was to see if my best friend was okay.

I told my mom goodbye and walked to the mall in the freezing cold. I wasn't thinking about Adam or Charlie right now. I was only thinking about Connie. I felt like an even more horrible person now. How could I worry her so much? Why did I put her through this and act like it was okay? 

I walked into the front door and started running and looking for her. Finally, after 20 minutes of searching for her, I looked in a makeup shop to see her pretty brown hair looking at rose-scented lotion.

"Connie!!" I yelled. She turned fast at the call of her name. I waved and she saw me through the shop window. She looked at me and didn't smile but she waved and turned back around. I ran into the shop right up to the left side.

"Con! I'm so sorry that I made you worry and I put you through that! I never should have done that! I should have known that the way I was acting would make you upset! I was only thinking about myself! I should have put you first because you are my bestie! Sisters before misters remember our rule!" I yelled.

"I know your sorry... It means a lot that you came here to check on me," she said.

"Can you forgive me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll forgive you... I just want you to know that this hasn't just been hard for you? I have had some problems at home with my family and we never get to talk about it because you're always talking about you and that cake-eater. I never get to talk about my relationship? We used to sit down and you would listen to me and when the time came, I would listen to your conversations and your problems. Now you just care about yourself, and for a while there at the beginning of it all, I thought I was losing my best friend. I never saw you act like that before and it worried me." she said.

"I know and I understand! I should have been there for you! I should have listened and I should have given you some time to talk about you. I know that now. I've woken up and I've gotten that big slap in the face that snaps me back into reality. All I need right now is my best friend." I started to cry. "All I need is you right now and I get it if you want me to go away, I'm sorry!" I sobbed out.