499 - Dream

The sun began to set,
The world began to shift,
The stone began to crack.

The light began to fade,
But another light was growing,
One that hadn't seen the sky in almost 500 years.

How lucky that today was the day Ink decided to make a late night visit to Dreamtale. The day had had left sore and drained.

He needed someone to talk to.

He noticed the cracks in the stone,
He stayed to see what would happen,
He would witness the start of the next act in the multiverse.

The true battle of positivity and negativity would soon begin.
_______________________________________

Dream was having a normal day, after a couple days 'asleep' he was happy to wake in the presence of his soulless friend. The other one, with a soul, visited every now and then, but Dream could tell his soul just wasn't in it. Figures. He could tell, in the strange way his mind perceived things outside the stone, that the sun was setting. And while grateful for the visit he hoped his friend would not get too cold. (truthfully, Dream felt a little guilty calling the soulless one his friend, but it felt nice.)

Dream was just wondering what would happen I'd maybe he could meet his friend face to face - a common daydream - when an icy rush of power threatened to drag Dream back 'asleep' again. Nononono he thought, when was the last time he wasn't able to stay awake as long as he chose? Only panicked adrenaline was keeping Dream awake - if he were able to hyperventilate he would be. But there was something off, this didn't feel like the waves of his mind. This felt like something new, something... External. Dream took the biggest gamble he had ever made, and let himself fall into the icey feeling.

He would never awake inside his stone prison again.
_______________________________________

Crack

Ink stopped talking, wondering if he'd heard a noise...Silence. He carried on.

Crack

Okay that time there was definitely a noise and, judging but the two cracks he had just noticed on the Dream statue, they were going to cause something interesting.

The cracks stopped for a little while, but every so often Ink would hear another. Luckily for Ink, skeletons didn't really feel the cold so much, so he decided to stay by the statue for a bit, see what would happen. No one was expecting him back anyway and even if they were, this was so much better anyway.

Gosh! Ink couldn't contain his excitement, he thought his little green vial would burst all of its own accord. The creators would love this, a new outcode, new friendships, new enemies, a new story. Ink was also thoroughly relieved; the multiverse was getting quiet and he didn't know how long the creators would stand it before they decided to... Intervene. Ink shivered - nothing good ever came of that, not in Ink's experience anyway.

Ink settled himself beside a large tree stump. It was going  to be a long night.
_______________________________________

Ohoho! Did you really think I would get straight to 500 years? I think Nightmare deserves to share his half of the story first, don't you?

Sorry it's a little short, I reckon Nightmare's years will be a bit longer though, since he was actually, y'know, out and about.

Sincerely, a radical enderman