Importancia

Suddenly the Y/L/N's vast room was too small for the mattresses on the floor around the fireplace and the sofas. Kihyun tried to make everyone comfortable, but it would be impossible to keep Namkeok and Nambi's pillows away from Kijeon and Kihan's feet. And the boys kept pulling their hair with their toes. At once he pulled the girls' mattress over to his mother's side and lay between them and the boys. Enjoying the peace, Kihyun didn't notice the figure standing on the couch.

"Kiuhoon, it's time to sleep"

"I can't sleep" the little boy muttered. "I want to sleep with you"

"Come here" the oldest opened the arms and his little brother laid down over his chest. "But you need sleep"

"Yes..." Kiuhoon whispered, eyes closed.

Kihyun knew he should sleep too, but his heart was still pounding in his chest, feeling all the adrenaline of just a few hours ago. His house had been partially consumed by flames, and now all his family had was their body clothes and what had been saved in his mother's room and his. All the other rooms were lost. The Y/L/N's kindness had been too quick, he had not even had a chance to say thank you for the room and the borrowed mattresses of other neighbors. His mother had been silent all the time, hugging her children who couldn't stop crying. The girls, oddly enough, were the only ones who helped Kihyun to organize the room. They were golden girls, he had to admit, everything would be harder if he had to do things on his own. But it should be from family that mystical power to get up to solve problems, even when all was lost.

He regretted not kissing their foreheads.

Other thoughts invaded Kihyun's mind. What if they lost everything? What if all savings were compromised by the bank because they no longer had a home? The fears he had deftly deflected now turned strongly against his conscience. He spent an hour measuring all the real damage he was aware of. Then he tried to calculate how much the flames had consumed, considering the time the firemen worked. And finally, as everyone snored and dreamed in the room, Kihyun slid Kiuhoon's small body to his side and stood up.

Thinking was easier.

He was still trying to rebuild things in his mind when he heard steps cracking under someone's feet. Light from a cell phone crossed the hallway toward the Y/L/N kitchen and then disappeared behind the walls. Kihyun was supposed to leave the family alone, they had been so kind to accommodate them so quickly, but for some reason, he wished this cell phone was Y/N's, and she was there to talk.

He left the mattresses and tiptoed to the kitchen. A frightening thought crossed his chest: what if it was Mr. Y/L/N? But then he saw the light from the refrigerator revealing Y/N in the dark, in her pajamas, the hair untied and tousled around her shoulders.

The girl held a glass bottle of wine and sleepy eyes. As soon as she served herself, Y/N put the bottle away and closed the fridge.

"It's too late for alcohol" Kihyun approached the only way he could get close to her - with sarcasm.

Y/N jumped in place; her eyes suddenly alight.

"What are you doing here? Why are you at my house? You invaded my house!"

Kihyun then understood that Mr. Y/L/N's children should be sleeping when the neighboring family settled into the living room. Didn't Y/N know what had happened, even with the smoke and noise of the firemen? It seemed impossible, but she was so afraid of him that he had to believe it.

"My family is sleeping in the living room," she widened her eyes even more. "Didn't you hear what happened?"

"Why are you at my house?"