V : want you around - omar apollo ft. ruel

Tell me about your limits when we meet for dinner on Sunday, the note had said. Aida knew she would have to tell him about why she reacted that way the other day, but she wanted more than anything to hold onto this piece of privacy she had.

But she knew if she wanted to keep her privacy, she would need to break off whatever this thing was between them. The place they were going in their relationship needed trust, and lots of it. But god forbid she ever trusted anyone again, much less a male.

"I don't like being touched like that when I'm not in the right headspace." That was all she was willing to say about what had happened on Friday. Azriel nodded, his hands clasping together in his lap as he looked at her. At some point during their last conversation, the waitress had brought them their beverages, which Aida was gingerly sipping on now.

"What headspace would that be?" Azriel asked. Aida looked at him in annoyance, he knew what she was talking about. Fine.

"When I've fully submitted to you. Only then. I haven't done this since I broke up with my ex, so I'm not completely sure how I'm going to react now. But I don't want to stop having sex with you just because of...certain extenuating circumstances."

"You don't need to explain why. And I won't pester you until you're ready to tell me." Aida nodded, her eyes locking onto his as a sort of mutual understanding flowed between them. He wouldn't ask until she was ready. She would be able to set the pace this time.

Azriel was about to ask a question about her preferences when he noticed their waitress coming up the stairs with their dishes stacked in her hands. He sat back in his chair causing Aida to raise her eyes in question before she smelled the food herself. A terrifying chuckle escaped her throat when the food was placed in front of her.

"Thank you so much." She said, a fork already in her hands. Anaya laughed, ducked her head, and muttered a small "Of course" before setting down Azriel's as well. He gave her another curt, polite nod.

"Is there anything else I can get for you two?"

"No this is all. Thank you." Azriel responded. Anaya nodded and went back the way she came.

"What do you like?" Azriel asked, trying to return to their previous discussion before they were interrupted.

"Pasta. Pasta. Pasta." Aida replied in a sing-song voice. She twisted a few strings on her fork and looked at her food like it was the most glorious thing in the world. The fact that he was seeing Cassian's twin person was glaringly present in his mind at that moment. He had no doubt if the day ever came to formally introduce the two he would lose his god's damned mind.

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" The female asked when she finished chewing. Azriel only nodded as if to say, it's okay and began to cut into his meat.

"What do you like, Aida?" He repeated.

"It's not very often in my personal life that I get to be...out of control. If that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, my independence is the most important thing to me. But I like it when I don't have to be the one in control of everything, if only for a few hours. Most of the time I'll just go to the theatre, or watch a show if I want to feel that way. But now that I have you here, I'd very much like to do that in other ways." Azriel definitely understood where she was coming from. He was always the collected one, the one everybody could rely on and go to. The one everybody could trust.

Not that he minded of course. He took pride in the fact that his family trusted him so fully. But at the end of the day, he was the one holding everyone's deepest secrets and rawest feelings. But when he turned around, he was only met with his shadows. Now, he would have Aida. And she would have him.