VI : dancing in my room - 347aidan

After Aida practically had to beg Azriel to keep his hands off of her so her body could relax, he winnowed her home. Aida hated winnowing, always had always will. While she was unable to do it, members of her family and other close friends were able to do so, and the journey never got easier. Seeing as how she had promptly thrown up all over his clean white shirt the second they landed on her front steps, she assumed it never would. Sufficiently mortified, Aida didn't even give him a kiss on the cheek before sheepishly thanking him for the date and the sex, then walking through her front door. She could hear Azriel's deep chuckle from the other side of it before he shot into the sky and back to his house for a fresh set of clothes.

He had insisted on fucking her in the red shirt she had put on that morning. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now standing in her living room with only that shirt on her body she was beginning to feel the sweat and other unidentified substances that had found and caked their way onto the fabric.

Drew's would be closing soon, she realized, once she got into her room and checked the clock that hung on her wall. She hadn't been in since Saturday, and couldn't even remember the last time she had seen Johanes and Fiona. Now that they were older they stayed out of the apartment above the restaurant for most of the day, and only came back in the evenings or when they wanted some downtime.

That made her sound like a bad mother, she realized, as she threw the shirt in the laundry hamper and began looking for something more comfortable to wear. It hadn't been that long, maybe less than a week. But she missed both of them every day when she wasn't able to see them. A simple kiss on the cheek or good morning didn't count as an interaction in her book.

Going to her closet, Aida threw a dark green sweater and a pair of black leggings onto her bed, paired with a simple pair of white sneakers that would make the trek there and back less painful on her feet. She had thankfully been able to shower at Azriel's earlier, so all she needed to do was throw on the lazy outfit and braid her hair out of her face before she was ready to leave again. She did, however, make a quick trip to the bathroom to wash out the vomit that she had spewed all over the shadowsinger not even twenty minutes ago.

Aida was back downstairs almost as quickly as she had come up. Reaching into her coat closet she grabbed a long black collared coat and slipped it on, the extra layer automatically warning her up. The house was relatively cold since she hadn't been home to start up the fireplaces and heaters that carried warmth through the townhouse.

After having been both flown and winnowed by Azriel places in the past twenty-four hours, Aida decided that she didn't like walking anymore all that much. Of course, she would take it over traveling through time and space any day if it meant she wouldn't throw up, but the convenience of not having to take the time to walk miles to get where you wanted to go baffled her.

Marcy and Gina were sitting at the bar when Aida walked in, shivering slightly from the chill that had begun to stretch its way over their city. The two women paused their conversation to greet their friend, each offering a sound hug before asking if she wanted a drink. Aida shook her head and told them not to worry before letting them get back to their conversation. She did quickly grab a tub of ice cream and a bottle of apple cider, knowing the teenagers would appreciate both of those things.

"Are they up there?" Aida asked as she exited the kitchen. Gina was just about to respond but was cut off by the sound of a chair being scuffed against the floor on the story above them. Muffled screaming followed the noise, and only seemed to grow louder as the siblings seemed to be having one of their infamous and equally explosive screaming matches.

"Gina you should have never had children, teenagers are the worst." Aida didn't even give her the time to reply before she was storming through the restaurant and out through the first back door. A small room stood behind the door, with another door to the street behind the restaurant. The room had a small coat hanger and a place to store your shoes. Slipping them off, Aida made her way up the staircase that led into the kitchen of the upstairs apartment.