005

◈ ━━━━━━ 𝑯𝑼𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑹━━━━━━ ◈

KALLUMI POV.

"He's lying to you!" the man yelled pointing at satotz, accusing him of something I'm not sure of.

"He's an imposter! he isn't an examiner!... I'm the real examiner!" That was a lie. If he was, why would he look that? he looks like a hobo.

Many shocked noises were heard, although it wasn't really quite a good lie to start with, why did they believe it? It's a lie people!

"An imposter? Then who is he?" leorio said, shocked about the the stupid lie.

"Look at this," the man said pulling a human-creature that resembles satotz. Now that I see it, it really was a filthy lie.

He was a man-faced ape, I heard they dwell in numere wetlands, I thought they were cool. But now that I see them in lerson, I don't think so.

What a waste of time.

"Ohh!, he looks just like satotz-san!" Yeah, no shit.

"It's a man-faced ape, one of the creatures that dwell in the numer wetlands!" No shit #2

"a man-faced ape?!" No shit #3

"Man-faced apes love the taste of fresh human flesh, however, their limbs are long and thin, so they're quite weak" the man warned

"that's why they disguise themselves as humans..they trick humans into following them into these wetlands"

"where they team up with other animals to kill and devour them"

"he intends to trap every single applicant," the man said pointing at satotz

"bastard.."leorio scoffed

"He certainly doesn't walk like a human"

three cards then were seen flying towards the man, as the man was seen dead on spot, as another three cards were flying toward satotz who effortlessly caught the cards with his bare hands.....

Their attention moved toward the middle as a man stood there shuffling a deck of cards. Hisoka.

"I see...I see... that settles it... you're the real one" I stared at the dead ape with nothing but a still expression, yet inside I feel disgusted. I hoped the apes to be bigger and scarier, they looks like twigs!

Everyone moved their attention towards satotz as satotz tossed the three cards in different directions.

Seeing the real examiner all well, they grew shocked. Some of them felt stupid for trusting the fake one, while some just sighed and continued on.

"What? he's the real examiner?"

"examiners are hunters selected by the committee to perform this duty without pay. any hunter, bearing the title we seek, would have been able to block that attack.." the man explained which earned the applicants attention.

As the man explained, I couldn't help but scoff at myself. He really was a show-off, he could've had finished the fake one in a dash and we can continue on like nothing had happened.

Hisoka seems to feel my two eyes looking at him as he winked at me catching me off guard, a tint of blush emitting from my cheeks as I slowly look away... Earning a slight chuckle from him. He really was the asshole I know for years.

"I shall take that as a compliment, however, should you attack me again, for any reason, I will report you for turning on an examiner.. and you will be immediately disqualified, are we clear?" satotz warned

"Sure."

just then scavenger birds surrounded the man that was once holding an ape on the ground. making me uncomfortable

This is uttery disgusting.

I looked away from the body and pinched my nose to stop the iron smell from coming to my nose. It wasn't very long before I had assasinated someone, yet I feel nauseus from seeing a dead body.

"Nature really can be brutal to watch"

"So he was a man-faced ape, as well"

"He was attempting to confuse the applicants, to lure some of them away."

"We cannot relax our guard" killua warned

"you will be encountering such deception regularly. i believe that a number of you were fooled into suspecting my identity?" the man asked earning a nervous laugh from both leorio and Hanzo

"do you understand? if you lose sight of me in the numer wetlands fog, you will never reach the exam's second phase. do bear that in mind" satotz warned

"then let us on our way. please follow me" _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

thank you for reading my book and thank you so much for 121 views i  really appreciate it thank you so so much1, have a nice day!

→ author-chan