9| Lost in Thoughts

(For a better immersion, play the song 😊)

White noise was the only thing you could hear. Neither the sound of the birds chirping outside the window or the footsteps in the hallway could reach your ears, blocked by the bubble you sealed yourself in. People walking pass your door and seeing you in that position, young women sitting on the side of her bed, head in the clouds and eyes stuck on the outside, bathing in the hot sun rays of a calm afternoon, would think you were having a peaceful time as your skin kindly burned under this huge star.

Little did they know that this young person, who apparently wasn't there for something huge as only her arm was in a plaster, her injured and pained face turned away from them, was lost in a specific, hard souvenir. Images of what happened still played in her head on loop, going from a souvenir to another, before starting all over again, just like those annoying ads on TV, the ones you'll have in head for the whole day by just hearing a little note from the song, or even a simple sentence that would appear in it.

You could still feel everything, from the coldness of the room to the texture of the mattress. The smell of moisture flying all over the room you were kept at. The sensation of cutting flesh and hitting the bones of a human being and the disgusting sounds that went with it.

You felt more hurt here in the hospital than in the forest. Was it because of the adrenaline of that time that you didn't feel like your bloody feet would fall, cut by the broken glasses, branches and rocks ? That your injured arm felt like it was burning, as if the air entering your normally protected chair was full of little burning knives, attacking the exposed meat ?

" Yesterday, on the 15th of April , two young people at Miyagi Prefecture who were said missing since three days have been found. "

The TV from a neighbour room started, its loud sound echoing in the pure white hallway, as if made to reach everyone's attention.

" A day earlier, the police started an investigation, going in groups into the wood in hope to find the teenagers, both students from Karasuno High School and part of the volleyball team. Many of their classmates, rivals from other volleyball team joined the search, as the two teens were known to be friendly and kind-hearted, turning almost everyone, even rivals, into friends. "

Without even realizing it, you had embraced yourself with your arms, your legs now on the bed and closed to your chest, your chin resting on your knees. Your frail body started shaking.

" After hours of researches, one of the group found the young girl, alive, escaping from the other missing student, known as Hinata Shoyo. The teenager, who disappeared a day before his classmate, turned out being a kidnapper, taking the girl on her way back home. He kept her in an abandoned house in the middle of the wood for three days, before being attacked and injured by the young girl who managed to escape. "

It was finished. Everything was finished. You were saved from this mess. So why were you still shaking ? Why did your breathing just got faster and faster, panic taking over your brain and body ?

" The young Hinata Shoyo has been arrested by the authorities. He will be heard by the tribunal for minors in the following days, accompanied by his advocate "

The room seemed to get smaller and smaller, suffocating you. Everything that had happened seemed so far, but so close at the same time. Some details had already vanished from your mind, but on the other hand, the bigger ones wouldn't leave your side, as if they just ate their companions to become a most important part of the story.

" Shut up... "

You said quietly, your lips trembling as some strands of you [H.C] hair fell onto your closed eyes. You felt betrayed, betrayed by the little ginger-haired boy you've always considered like a brother. Betrayed by the person you loved more than anything else. You could swear you heard your own heart breaking into pieces when Hinata told you this wasn't a joke. That the team wasn't hiding behind the damaged walls, that all of this wasn't a joke. And right now, at this moment, you could hear the broken pieces falling, burning and turning to ashes, creating a point of no return, a point where you couldn't even stick the now dispatched parts back together.