Threatening

Jeff slowly padded through the dark hallway. His mouth was dry, and his throat ached. He couldn't remember climbing out of bed but- he must have left his room, right? How else would he be in his house's upstairs hallway? He leaned his hand against the wall as he walked. He felt so...weak? Why was he so tired? So small and feeble?

There was...music. Coming from somewhere. Had that always been playing? It must have been- he couldn't remember it starting up. The song was so soothing, so beautiful. It was familiar too. Jeff had heard it, hadn't he?

He continued walking. As he listened to the song, he became aware of an ache in his skull. With every step his head throbbed, and with every word of the song the ache got more and more intense. Words...the song had words? Yes- but he couldn't understand any of them. Maybe it was another language. He...he wasn't sure. The song felt- so loud- so overwhelming. It seemed to worm its way right into Jeff's skull, making him clench his teeth in pain. He stopped walking for a moment, clamping his hands over his ears. He whimpered, his teeth grinding as he trembled and screwed his eyes shut.

''Too loud too loud too loud too loud-!''

He opened his eyes slowly with a feeble whimper. His eye- it felt like it was burning-! The vision in it was blurry. He gulped, whining again as he looked up. The music sounded like it was screaming now, suffocating him!

''Hel-'' he gasped. ''Help...'' he breathed. He couldn't move. He was stuck, his trembling legs refusing to let him move. Tears rolled down his face and he drew in shaky breaths. He looked up, his blurry and shaky vision registering a figure at the end of the hallway. He gasped and reached forward. He stumbled towards them. ''H-help...me...'' he called weakly. The figure walked towards him. Jeff looked up slowly. ''L-Liu...'' he whimpered. He reached for his brother, who stared down at him with a scowl. ''H-help-'' Jeff heard a click, and something cold was pressed to his forehead. He stared in horror as Liu's finger slid down to the gun's trigger. Jeff whimpered again. ''N-no...''

BANG!

Jeff bolted up, his chest heaving for air. He looked around, panicked. He was in a small dim space that smelled like dust. He looked to his side, where Liu lay fast asleep against Smile. He looked to his other side to see Nina, just the same. He turned his head away and sighed gently. He heard shuffling across from him and looked up. Just barely, he could see the outline of Jane, sitting with her back to him. He heard a quiet snap and she turned to face him, her hands dropping from where they were held behind their head. Jeff tensed.

''Why are you awake?'' she growled. Jeff flinched a bit.

''I had a nightmare...'' he murmured feebly. Jane glared at him for a moment before looking away again. Jeff frowned and tilted his head. ''What about you?''

''Hm?''

''Why are you awake?''

Jane turned and stared at him again. She huffed. ''Why do you want to know? Maybe I have a little trouble sleeping close to the person who killed my family.'' she growled back. Jeff's brows furrowed.

''I didn't kill them.'' he murmured back. Jane stood up quickly and turned to him.

''Stop trying to lie to me, Woods.''

''But I'm not!'' Jeff whimpered. ''I wasn't there that night!'' before he could do anything, Jane crossed the car and shoved her masked face right into Jeff's. He recoiled and gulped in fear. She grabbed him by his jacket and glared at him.

''Stop it.'' she hissed. ''Don't you even dare to tell me what did and didn't happen to me. Don't tell me what I did and didn't see-!'' she yanked him up and dragged him back. Jeff struggled against her.

''J-Jane-!'' he whimpered. She whirled him around, pinning him by the neck against the wall. With her free arm, she yanked open the door of the car and grabbed Jeff again, pulling him over to the gap. Cold, night air whipped against his back, tossing his hair every which way. ''JANE!''

Jane growled and pushed against Jeff. He struggled against her, his shoes digging into the floor as he tried not to get shoved off the quickly moving train. His breathing quickened, his legs shook, and Jane just glared into his eyes.

''GET OFF HIM!''

Liu yanked Jeff and Jane back. Smile quickly got in between the two of them and Nina rushed to Jeff's side, pulling him away as Jane was pushed back. Liu glared at her. ''What the hell do you think you're doing?!'' He hissed. Jane didn't answer. ''WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, HUH?!'' Liu shoved her back. Jane gave him a glare.

''I'm just doing what's best.'' she murmured. ''We're better off without him.''

''Shut up!'' Liu hissed. He shoved Jane again and glared at her. Jane's hand curled into a fist.

''Don't test me, Woods.'' she growled warningly.

''Stop trying to kill my brother then, you psycho!''

''G-guys- calm down-'' Nina murmured as Jeff stared at the two in fear. Liu turned and stared at her for a moment before finally sighing and turning around. He leaned down to Jeff.

''You okay bro...?'' he asked softly. Jeff gave a slight nod, glancing anxiously at Jane. Liu grabbed him by the sleeve and gave him a gentle tug. He led Jeff over to the other side of the car, with Smile following. The two of them sat down together and Liu hugged his brother tight. Smile lay down in front of them, blocking them away from Jane. Nina glanced at Jane for a second, then wandered back over to the others. Jane glared at the three of them before going back to where she'd been sitting alone.