together

with a deep breath in and out, buck stood at the door of his newer best friend. he heard little laughs inside that were too high pitched to be eddies. he figured it was his kid and that made him panic even more. what if he doesn't like me or doesn't like me hanging out with eddie, buck couldn't control all the nasty thoughts in his head continuing to scare him. after a few more minutes of working himself up, buck calms down and brings his fist to the white door in front of him. he knocks three times trying to not seem desperate and once he makes his final knock brings his fingers together and starts to mess with them. the footsteps inside get louder and closer to the door and he starts to pick at the skin on his thumb. why was he so worried about a dinner and hanging out with his friend and his son. soon enough the door was wide open and there in front of him stood a smiling eddie. 

"buuck come in come in, chris is so exited to meet you." eddie says moving out of the way for his guest. 

"chris knows about me?" buck says looking at the man in beside him in a curious way/ 

"oh, yeah i always talk about the team and you to him. he loves everything i say about you." eddie says with a small chuckle and walks into the living room. 

buck follows him and sits down on the couch with a drink. he looks around and admires the house he's in, eddie really works hard for his kid and buck could see that, even without looking at his house. everyday at work he fights to come home to his kid and that made buck happy, that eddie had someone to come home to at the end of the day. he rememberers what that was like and began to miss it, not the person, but just having someone there at the end of a rough shift. 

"christopher bucks here come say hi!" eddie says snapping buck from his thoughts and he sits up straight. 

chris comes out from the corner and makes his way over as fast as he can. 

"christopher this is buck" he says with another smile and moves over so chris can sit in between him and buck.

"hey dude how are you" buck says immediately regretting it and thinking about the horrible first impression he made. 

"hi buck" chris says with a smile and hugs buck.

buck smiles and hugs him back softly while looking over at eddie who is also smiling. once the two let go from their hug, eddie pulls out a board game for them to play while dinner is in the oven. while the three play the board game they start to smell smoke.

"dad you're burning the dinner," chris says looking at the smoke coming from the oven

eddie dashes over to the kitchen while buck and christopher go into a fit of laughter. only eddie would prepare a nice meal for them and burn it by forgetting to set the timer. 

"hey this isn't funny" eddie says looking over at the two boys both holding their stomachs from laughing so hard. 

"i-it kinda is" buck spits out through his wheezes. 

at this moment eddie wasn't even worried about the food. he just sat and watched as his two favorite people were bonding and having a good time. he smiled at the two of them still in laughing hysterics and just shook his head. he got on the phone to order a pizza then made his way back over to the two boys. eddie just sat and admired the smile on bucks face. he really couldn't have asked for a better friend. maybe he wanted more than that, but he would never admit it to himself or buck. 

"okay okay, back to the game you two." eddie says watching as the two of them start to calm down. 

"hey you're the one that almost burnt the house down," chris says to his dad with a laugh at the end. 

the three kept playing and when the pizza arrived buck got up and paid for it before eddie could even process it. 

"buck you did not have to pay for that i would have gotten it" 

"well that's too bad because i already got it" buck says bringing the pizza box to the table and setting it down in the middle. 

the two grab a slice and buck puts one on the plate for chris and hands it to him. their game was finished by now, they had played almost 10 rounds of uno and a game of sorry. eddie flips the tv on and they watch whatever chris had on last. soon enough 10 o'clock rolls and chris has to go to bed. eddie gets up to go tuck him in but chris stops him. 

"dad can buck tuck me in tonight?" he asks while eddie turns around to look at buck.

"if he wants to of course, i have to clean up out here anyways." eddie says smiling softly at him and gives him a goodnight kiss on the forehead. 

buck nods and gets up walking with christopher and helps him get ready for bed, but really he didn't even need help he could do it all on his own and buck smiled at him walking towards his room. 

"I had a lot of fun with you and dad today, goodnight bucky" he says and buck pulls the covers over him and gives him a hug. 

"me too, goodnight christopher" and with that he walks out and sees eddie sitting on the couch. 

"wow that was a fast clean up" buck says grabbing another drink from the fridge. 

"that was a quick tuck in he must really like you to go straight to bed" eddie says as the other man sits next to him on the couch. 

buck just laughs and sits back on the couch taking a sip from the glass bottle in his hand. the two men sit in silence for a few minutes just enjoying the company of each other. then eddie moves himself closer to buck, not much but just enough for buck to notice and get flustered. however, he returns the action and moves slightly closer to eddie. with the two of them keeping this pattern for the next few minutes, their legs soon touch and it causes them to both go red, buck more than eddie though. with their legs and knees now touching they sit in silence again, not looking at each other, just looking straight ahead and taking sips of their drink. finally buck breaks the silence.

"I dont think i can drive home tonight, can i crash on the couch?" he asks in a soft tone

"no you're not gonna sleep on the couch, come here" he replies and stands up waiting for the other to follow. 

eddie walks buck into his room and hands him some sweatpants and a tshirt. 

"put these on and come back here you're sleeping in my bed" 

"eddie i can't take your bed from you" he replies 

"you're not, were sharing" eddie says with a smile

buck just nods and rushes out so the other man doesn't see the blush on his face. when he gets to the bathroom he takes of the jacket and t-shirt he had on and his jeans. he changes into the clothes eddie gave him and notices writing on the back of the shirt. it said diaz, eddies last name. when buck saw this he couldn't stop thinking about his name with eddies. evan diaz ran through his head as he made his way back to eddies room. when he enters he sees his friend in bed already and then he slowly climbs into the other side. trying to give eddie his distance he stays towards the edge of the bed and falls asleep. 

eddie woke up to a loud thud and shot up from his sleep. his first thought was chris but then he turn to see buck face down on the floor and chuckles a little. 

"evan buckley get up here" he says and helps the man back into his bed. 

buck got into bed with a soft groan and just sat there then let out a slight giggle. this was enough to make eddie smile at him. 

"sorry if i woke you" buck says looking over at him then at the clock seeing what time it was

"you're fine buck, but you dont need to be that far to the edge. I have a whole bed for us." he replies back with a slight chuckle

the two lay down again and buck keeps himself on the further side of the bed not wanting to annoy his friend. eddie notices and puts his arm around bucks waist and pulls him closer and away from the edge. this one small action was enough to send buck to the end of the world. his face looked like a horrible sunburn, and for his sake they were in the pitch black so no one could see. after some time the two were finally asleep and for good this time.