never want this night to end

"let me just say that-" eddie begins.

"oh no, IM gonna be doing the talking, you know unless that interferes with your plan to fuck me over again," buck scoffs 

taken back, eddie looks up at the ceiling and sighs. buck stands up with some force and paces around. the tension between the two grows as the silence is deafening. with buck on the verge of tears replaying that night, he finally speaks up.

"why would you do it," he chokes out meeting eddies gaze. 

"I- im not sure why buck, there's no good excuse" 

"so you break my heart and don't even have a decent excuse as to why you did it; after you had just made me think you liked me. were you playing me all along?" he ends trying to hold back his tears 

"buck no i would never-"

"YOU dont get to call me buck, you know my name use it," he cuts eddie off and leans up against the wall crossing his arms

eddie frowns but starts over, "evan, i would never play you, she was my wife and i dont know what came over me but it won't happen again, i dont like her the way i like you." 

"if you didn't like her you wouldn't have kissed her, come on eddie do you think im a fool," 

"no bu- evan i dont think you're a fool, i never did, it was just something that happened in the moment, OLD feelings resurfaced when i saw her but that's all it was, old feelings from the past," eddie says trying to convince buck. 

"you had a whole car ride to come up with some lame excuse, thats the best you could do, maybe i do need to get over you and find someone who can actually lie to me," buck scoffed and chuckled sarcastically repositioning himself on the wall. 

"are you serious evan, you think im actually lying to you?" 

"why wouldnt you be, you just want to make a fool of me again," 

"EVAN IM NOT LYING TO YOU I FEEL AWFUL ABOUT WHAT I DID IVE BEEN KICKING MYSELF SINCE YOU WALKED OUT OF MY HOUSE, CHRISTOPHER MISSES YOU SO MUCH AND ITS ALL MY FAULT FOR HURTING YOU BUT DONT PUNISH HIM FOR MY AWFUL ACTION. please come back to me," eddie finally crashes and starts crying into his hands. 

others pov outside the apartment: 

"its too quiet in there somethings not right," chim says looking at everyone

as if it was on cue, eddies yelling can be heard from where they were standing outside the door.

"way to go chim, you just broke our two friends," hen says and listens in to the conversation.

inside the apartment: 

buck just stood and watched for a few seconds then walked over sitting on the bed next to eddie.

"we've both said our parts, how do we fix this," buck says making eddies head shoot up in shock. 

"you want to fix this?" eddie says softly looking up at buck

"we cant keep doing this to the team, they need us to be able to work together not want each other dead on every call we take,"

"I never wanted you-"

"besides the point, how do we fix this," buck says cutting eddie off before he could finish his sentence and smirks to himself. 

"evan, i really do like you and i didn't want to hurt you im sorry i did." 

this wiped the smirk off of bucks face and was replaced with a serious buck. 

"if you like me then prove it, because so far all im seeing is reasons why you want me to stop being mad at you,"

"prove that i like you, how do you even do that?" eddie says playing dumb, he already knew what he was going to do. 

"you're somewhat smart you can figure it out," buck says and stands up starting to walk towards the stairs. 

eddie gets up and yanks buck closer to him and holds his waist. by now they were inches apart matching each others breathing pattern. he moves in slowly and places a soft kiss on bucks nose. he kisses his cheek and then down to his neck. he slowly plants kisses up and down his neck while buck squirms under eddies soft touch. he pulls away and looks up at buck. 

"is that enough to prove i like you?" he says with a cheeky smile. 

"I dont know you might have to try again just to confirm," buck replies with a smirk

eddie slaps his chest and lets go of his waist. buck keeps his eyes on eddie with a smile on his face. he didn't realize how long he was staring because he soon heard his name being called. he looked over the railing to see the team.

"are you two friends now?" hen says 

"yup," buck says back with a soft smile

"does this mean you're coming back to work," bobby asks the boy who was basically his son. 

buck just nods and leans his arms against the railing when he got an amazing idea, well an amazing buck idea. 

"we should jump off the railing onto stacked cushions or mattresses," he says with excitement in his voice 

the team just looks at him like he's insane and chim speaks up "buck thats insanely dangerous," 

"well its a good thing there paramedic's here," he says with a smile and runs downstairs taking the couch apart to stack up

"evan woah absolutely not, do you ever just say something for a joke and then forget it?" eddie says running after him and stop the build of cushions on the hard floor. 

"nope, if its a fun idea i commit," he says taking the cushions eddie steals and putting them back on his stack 

"eddie you better stop this," bobby says and the rest of the team nods in agreement 

"what if we just ride the cushions down the stairs instead, its safer and still fun as shit," he says to buck

"yeah, why not sounds fun," 

the whole team mentally face palms and realizes this is the best they are going to get and just laugh at the whole situation. 

eddie and buck spend the night just sledding down the stairs and playing video games which was a funny sight, especially when they somehow found old rollerblades and were now riding around the house and falling at every step. sooner or later they finally got tired, which is shocking, and fell asleep. its safe to say they needed this night, and never wanted it to end.