FOURTY

EIDERIE visited me one day. She told me she heard the news, that's why she came to see how I am doing.

"How are you coping up?" she asked while watching me move around the kitchen.

"I keep myself busy all the time. I go to our company to see how our employees are doing. I shop. I asked Manang to teach me how to cook. I just tire myself the whole day so that when night comes, I will immediately sleep without crying," I told her as I made her a juice.

Umalis si Manang Soling para mag-grocery dahil nauubusan na kami ng stock kaya naman ako ang gumawa ng gawaing bahay ngayon.

Pagkatapos kong timplahin ang kaniyang juice, I gave it to her with a slice of strawberry cake.

"Thanks," she said.

I just smile at her before taking my seat and sipping my milk. When I first tried it, I didn't like it. The taste was not to my liking but Manang Soling insisted on it for the baby and I stood defeated. Wala akong nagawa kung hindi ang tiisin ang lasa nito para sa baby namin.

"Was it hard?" she suddenly asked, making me look at her. She pouted her lips. "I mean, losing him? Not able to see him again?" she elaborated.

I averted my eyes from her. "Kahit kailan hindi naman ito magiging madali. I'm mourning everyday because of his death. It's hard to be strong in front of everyone and pretend to be okay when you're not. I just lost my other half. I'm not okay."

Tumayo siya at lumapit sa akin bago ako niyakap nang mahigpit. I hugged her back and she rubbed my back in a comforting one.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for your loss," she whispered.

"Thank you for coming here. I appreciate it, Eiderie. I know you're busy," sambit ko sa kaniya.

"It's okay. Babalik din ako sa Baguio mamaya," aniya bago humiwalay sa akin.

"Anong ginagawa mo sa Baguio?" tanong ko.

She averted her eyes and she blushed. Doon ako napangisi. She is hiding something from me and I can smell it.

"Don't tell me you already have a boyfriend?" I asked her, the shock was evident on my face.

She gnawed her lower lips before nodding at me.

"And you didn't tell me?!" I exclaimed at her.

She sighed before holding my hand. "You have your husband to take care of at that time, that's why I didn't tell you. You're pretty busy with other things too, I must say," aniya.

I felt a pang of sadness hit my heart but I still managed to smile at her. Mentioning him is still painful.

"Tell me, who's he?" I changed the topic. Her smile grew and stuck from ear to ear and her eyes twinkle. She is indeed in love. Madly in love.

"Remember the one I used to tell you? My first love?" tanong niya.

Tumango naman ako. It was the one she talked about when we went into the bar and she left me. But that's all in the past.

"We met in Baguio and we talked over the things that had happened in the past. We made amends and now we're already together!" she said happily.

A smile formed in my face before pulling her in a hug. "Oww, Eiderie. I'm so happy for you," I said.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"So when did your relationship start?" I asked her when she distanced herself.

"Just pretty recently," she said shyly and her cheeks flush again.

"When are you going to show him to me?" I asked and she looked at me immediately.