Partners

My heart was racing. Was it me? Could it be me?

I saw him look my direction and shot me a smile and a wink.

My face became red, and my jaw was probably hanging out.

No..That wasn't for me. It couldn't have been! I turned around and seen all the girls freaking out.

"It was totally me!"

"No it was me Jessica stfu!"

I rolled my eyes slightly. It probably wasn't me after all.. plus a man as perfect as leorio couldn't show the slightest interest in men..

I sighed, and opened my text book.

I didn't care to listen to the rest of the people. I was only interested in who leorio got.

I started to read through the book, since I couldn't use my phone in class. It was something to read to why not..
________________________

As I was reading I got interrupted by the bell, which frightened me. I gathered my belongs and messily shoved them into my shoulder bag, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

It frightened me a tiny bit, so I quickly turned my head around, and looked up to see the one and only leorio.

My face quickly heated up. fuck.

"I- Um.."
I couldn't get anything to come out of my mouth other then random mumbles and stutters.

"Hey, I'm leorio! You might've known that already."

He said, looking down and smiling at me. God he's tall..

"I'm..Uh..Kurapika..heh.."

I chuckled nervously. His friends were behind him so I was kind of embarrassed and shy. I was just hoping nobody would notice my blush..

"That's a very lovely name."

He said, patting my head and messing up my hair. Of course I didn't mind. Not at all~

"Well here's my number so we can talk about the assignment!"

He pulled out a pen and a notepad and wrote down his number. He then passed it to me, smiling.

I stared at the paper for a few seconds and slowly took it out of his hands.

"Um..Thanks.."
I muttered, nervously.

He hand writing was so neat. I was going to cherish this paper forever.

"No problem! Text ya later!"
He shot me a quick smile and ran over to his friends.

I sat there. In shock.Probably still a blushing mess.

I was already prepared to get dirty looks in the hallways. I wouldn't mind. I knew it was all out of jealousy.

I then continued gathering my belongs, and walked out of the classroom.

I nervously walked to my locker, ingoring a few dirty shots I got.

I opened my locker and grabbed my coat, and grabbed my gloves, shoving them into my coat pocket. I shut my locker and turned around to see leorio, which frightened the HELL out of me.

"A-Ah!"
I flinched a bit, dropping my books, then staring up at leorio, which was a lot taller then me.

"Sorry! Didnt mean to frighten you."
He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

God he's too close.

"I-It's okay.."
I muttered, bending to gather my books.

He bent down, and started to help me.

"N-No it's fine, I can pick them up."
I stuttered, quickly grabbing the papers that also fell out of my textbooks.

"No it's okay, I was the one that scared you, wasn't I?"

He smiled at me, which caught me off guard.

"I-I guess.."

He passed me the last sheet and stood up.

He reached his hand out to help me up.

A dream come fucking true.

I blushed and grabbed his hand, and tried my best to avoid eye contact while doing so.

When I got up, I dusted my pants and thanked leorio.

"Um..Thanks.."

Leorio smiled.

"No problem! Anyways, I was going to tell you to ingore any looks or anything."

Leorio smiled nervously at me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Some people are salty because I wasn't their partner."
He chuckled.

"I-I get it.."
I stuttered.

"Okay great! Text me later!"

He ran off to his friend group, as I stood there, still in shock of our interaction.

I quickly shook my head, and stopped myself from getting distracted, I should go get on the bus before they leave without me..