Never Trust a Mikaelson

Mackenzie awoke in Elijah's arms

Mackenzie awoke in Elijah's arms. She shivered and she knew he was awake as he caressed her arm as to gently chase the cold away, bringing the sheet further up to cover her bare shoulders.

"'morning," she mumbled, keeping her eyes closed, hoping to quickly fall back asleep.

The fire in the fireplace roared back to life on its own, or so it seemed, and Elijah smiled, still getting used to Mackenzie's effortless show of magical talent.

"Good morning," he replied as he put a kiss on her forehead.

"Has Klaus fixed the plumbing?"

Elijah chuckled. "He had it fixed yes."

"Let me guess, then he ate the plumber."

"Probably."

"At least you can take a vervain free shower now."

"Actually, I'm in a mood for a bath."

Mackenzie opened her eyes. She looked up and smiled.

"Yeah?" she said, before placing a kiss on his bare chest. "Care for some company?"

***

"Still no word from Katherine?" Mackenzie asked before she took a bite of a freshly made pancake.

She thanked the compelled chefs and waiters before she continued her interrogation of Klaus, which had become a daily occurrence ever since Katherine had called to let them know the deed was done.

"Unsurprisingly, no," Klaus answered. "I suppose she was smart enough not to trust I'd honor my end of the bargain," he smirked devilishly.

"But she trusts me enough to know I'll make sure you do," she smirked back as she cut an apple in two.

Klaus laughed. "You seem to be under the impression I'm afraid of you."

"Oh, I know you're not afraid of anyone, Klaus. Especially not a poor little weak mortal like me," she teased.

The Original hybrid was about to respond, with something witty, no doubt, but a knock on the door interrupted their little banter, which, too, was a daily occurrence now.