Chapter 7

20th August 1985

Our honeymoon was in Australia, in the middle of the rainforest. We stood out on the balcony looking over the rainforest that lay before us. I stood holding onto the barrier while Freddie had his arms around my waist.

"It's beautiful here" I said

"Almost as beautiful as you" Freddie replied

I softly giggled while moving my hand to hold onto his. Freddie then spun me round to face him.

"Fred I have a serious question. Do you think we should have a family?" I asked looking down to the ground

"Of course" Freddie replied raising my gaze with his finger

I smiled at him before the interruption of my tummy rumbling made me walk off inside to prepare lunch.

"Who would be the godfather of our kids?" I asked beginning to butter some bread

"You really have to ask that. Of course it would be Rog" Freddie replied

I let out a small giggle as he began kissing my neck. Once lunch was prepared we sat in the living room with some music on. Once lunch was finished John's song Spread Your Wings came on and Freddie pulled me up to dance. We used the whole room to dance, staying silent to listen to the music. At the end I turned to Freddie as the song moved on.

"Your a good dancer Mr Mercury" I said ruffling his short black hair

"So are you Mrs Mercury" Freddie replied

That night I was restless. I rolled over to notice Freddie sound asleep so I left him. I clambered out of bed and walked off into the living room. The thought of starting a family kept circling round my mind, it was the one thing I have always dreamed of. I checked the time which was 2:30 before grabbing a book and walking off onto the balcony. I sat down on the floor, leaning my back up against the house. After two hours I felt my eyes slowly close as I put the book to the side.

"Hope darling" came a whisper from Freddie

I woke up and looked over to the sun rise.

"I couldn't sleep so I came out reading. I must have fallen asleep" I said

"It's fine honey" Freddie said pulling me up

We walked off inside to grab some breakfast before getting dressed for the day.

3 months later:

"Welcome home" John, Roger and Brian
chorused as we walked into Freddie's house

Both of us smiled at them as Freddie put the bags down on the bottom of the stairs for a servant to take them up. The boys pulled us into a group hug as the bags were taken upstairs.

"We've missed you two" Roger said

"Stop being soppy Taylor" Freddie said making us all laugh

For the rest of the day we sat in Freddie's house drinking champagne and catching up with each other. That night we both went to bed around the same time.

"You remember that conversation at the beginning of the honeymoon?" Freddie asked

"Yeah" I replied smiling softly at him

"We could" Freddie said

I sat nodding at him before he pinned me to the bed and began repeatedly kissing my neck. He then moved up to my jaw and then to my lips.

"Fred calm down" I said patting for air

Freddie then pulled my top over my head and began kissing my stomach while I pulled my trousers off. Freddie did the same and soon we took it a step further. I soon fell asleep, forgetting the rest of what happened.

The next morning I woke up dressed. I looked over to Freddie who was awake and smiling at me.

"I dressed you after you fell asleep" Freddie said

"You an amazing husband" I said before kissing his lips softly

I clambered out of bed and walked off to the bathroom where I surprisingly found a pregnancy test. I quickly took it and sat in the bathroom waiting. I sat on the edge of the bath with my head in my hands, nervous and excited at the same time. Every few seconds I kept checking the results until they came up. I jumped off the bath and ran into the bedroom where Freddie was still in bed reading.

"We're having a a baby" I shouted 

Freddie firstly looked up from his book before jumping up and running over, picking me up and spinning my round.

"I'm so happy for us" Freddie said

"Me too" I replied burying my head into his chest

We then walked downstairs with big smiles on our faces.

"What's up with you two?" Freddie's friend and hairdresser, Jim Hutton, asked

"Stop right there Jim were having a child" Freddie replied making me giggle

"I'm so happy for you two" Jim said