CAPITULUM TRENTA

Chapter 30 – 'He, who betrayed...'

KWYNN'S POV

"CLEAR!"

Hinihingal kong dinilat ang aking mga mata. Puno ng pawis ang aking damit at noo. Ngunit kasabay nito ay lumabas ang hikbi sa aking bibig. Halos hindi ko napansin na umiiyak na pala ako.

It's been days, weeks, almost a month, but the nightmare is still hunting me.

The sound of the monitors, the chaotic murmurs and the daily familiar voices.

I was in conscious but unresponsive.

Tandang-tanda ko pa kung anong nangyari. Ang kanyang halik, ang kanyang hikbi at ang mga katagang gustong-gusto kong marinig sa kanya. Pinipilit kong tabunan ang lahat ng sakit at hapdi ng katotohanan na siyang muntik ng pumatay sa akin.

It was Klim who brought me to hospital.

"He's so stupid. Baka! Bobo! Pabo! Stupido!"

I heard him say that while driving his car on the way to hospital.

Zsasz, Yasen, Vin and Breanna would visit me everyday after their class. I remembered Ara visits me twice. I wanted to laugh to Vin's joke but I couldn't even feel my body, my sense of hearing was the only thing that has been responding.

"How are you feeling, Filia?" Dad asked me, one night after I got discharged.

He already told me the reason why he tried to drug me. He didn't want me to go on missions and just wanted me safe so I forgive him. And he even scolded me for what I did and for what it led me.

"I'm fine." Lie!

I am hurting emotionally and no one knows.

"Sinong may gawa nito sayo? Miller?" Devastated, he asked again.

"No, Dad. I wanna be alone, can you leave for now?"

I did not wait for his response. I lay down on the bed and covered my body with the comforter while my tears started to flow.

Hanggang kailan? Hanggang kailan ako magiging ganito?

Every night, I would unconsciously call name and how I love him. I would cry and question his love for me. I would ask, 'How is he? Is he doing well? But there's nothing I can do about it.

Until, I got back to school. People were still scared of me but their was a hint of pity and recognition I wouldn't want to have.

"Maayos na ba ang sugat mo, Icia?" Vin asked me once at the cafeteria.

"Yeah."

My wound was fine but I am not.

"Can I talk to you for awhile?" Zsasz interrupted one afternoon when I was at the Mini Forestis.

Since the incident, I started avoiding Zsasz or any connections connecting to him. It was for the best, I presume, since from the very beginning, he wasn't healthy for me. In fact, he just almost killed me.

Left with no choice, I agreed.

He sat on the bench, which was in front of me.

"I... I already know what stupidity my brother did." He started.

"I don't want to talk about it." I was about to stand but he continued.

"I know. It was still fresh but I thought you would need to know these."

It pique my interest.

"The day it happened was also the day my brother vanished."

Marahas kong lumingon kay Zsasz dahil sa gulat.