Chapter 21

Zak's POV

My breathing gets slower, matching his. I try to look away, biting my bottom lip as he sternly moves me back to facing him. "I'm dying, Zak. I need to tell you something," his voice trembles slightly as he says these words. I suck in air, quickly letting it out before replying.

"Yeah?" I feel his hand shaking, so I take it into mine, steadying it. 

"I.. I'm not sure if you ever noticed the signs, or if you even meant what you shared back, but I just need to get this out." His closes his eyes tightly, almost hesitating on his next words. "I like you."

I smiled, "I like you too, Darryl!" 

"No, no.. I mean that I LIKE like you, you muffin.." He looked away with the last few words, and I pulled his face to look at me. 

"I like like you too, potato." With that, I gave him a peck on the cheek. 

"Wait, re-really?" I only nodded, hugging him tightly and feeling his arms wrap around me in response. We stayed for a few minutes, completely still and together. We felt like one, although we were two. I felt him tug away slightly, loosening my arms around him. I look into his eyes as deeply as he looks at mine. We both give each other light smiles, not speaking but understanding each other. I lay down on his bed, pulling his arm and making him fall close to me. I cuddle him, moving the air between us and wrapping  my arms tightly around his build. I put my head against his chest, my legs wrapped around him and his hands in my hair. This felt like heaven, and I never want to leave. We cuddle for hours, us both falling asleep and me waking up to check on him every now and again. 

-After the on-and-off napping-

Darryl's POV 

I open my eyes, meaning to move my hand to rub them but feeling it be blocked by something. I see Zak in my arms, making me smile brightly. I didn't expect to still be alive, but I'm glad that I can be with him in these moments. I pull my arms away from him, which makes him groan and wiggle a little, before settling into sleep once more. I slowly get up and move out of the bed, feeling a lump in my throat. I head to the bathroom, closing the door behind me and leaning over the sink. I let out a few lumps of blood and petals, hoping that it's the last time. My throat aches a bit, and as I get the lumps out I clean up. I then move to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. I take a sip, swishing it around my mouth before spitting it out. I do this a few times before finally being able to swallow the water with no taste of blood in my mouth. I look up, seeing Zak standing before me. "Hey," I say, almost whispering because of the now familiar silence. 

"Hey, Darry." The nickname he gave me made me blush a little and pull his face closer to mine over the counter. I could feel his breathe on the tip of my nose, and I assume that he could feel mine. We look into each other's eyes for a minute, holding our gazes together. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 574 Words

A/N: This story is getting to an end, I'll probably make other stories to come. I actually have a completely different story drafted. I'm mostly into the iDots group but I do enjoy the DreamSMP so possible one shots book for that (it'd mainly be complete fluff btw! I don't like writing smut, because it'd feel extremely wrong).