Chapter 19

**Sorry, it's very late as I haven't updated the story for one month! I have the story written but I need to add a few things but I wasn't inspired enough. However, enjoy the story as it's just one chapter away before it's completed. Also, I haven't edited it so, spare my grammar errors.

"Hmm."

I narrow my gaze at the tuxedo-wearing gentleman before me. Hair has combed with a branded gel and the silver watch with black dial looks good with his dark silver clothing.

I nod. The man does the same.

"It's my marriage reception, not yours!" Angshu remarks his reflection glares at me through the mirror.

Taking a last glance at the man in the mirror, I turn around, satisfied with myself. I never had ever make myself up for anyone—apart from the last girlfriend I had ages ago. Teenage love! Who can blame me?

"I know! I need to make myself presentable," I say as a grin forms on my mouth slowly becoming creepy.

He cringes his nose and says, "Don't do that if you don't want Agni to run away after that creepy smile of yours."

My smile fades away and I divert the conversation," Where is the paper? Let me read it once more."

Dev rolls his eyes and gives me the paper where our fictional conversation is written by him. Well, if the conversation went that way. I certainly have a doubt Agni would ever tell: Oh! Aditya, I've loved you for eternity.

"Where the hell did you get that from?" I ask as I read the script and holding myself from the threatening laugh. My side of the texts is equally cringing.

I begin to read, "Your eyes are like hope of the rays..."

"Ray of hope!" Dev hisses.

"Yes... I mean, the ray of hope..." I read a few more lines and I don't even know what I'm saying, "Are you sure this is going to work on her?"

"Well, at least that's what the Google says," Jatin answeres.

Yeah, we have searched through the entire web for a perfect way to propose a writer. According to those sites, writers tends to love the poetic lines and the depth of their meanings. And there are twelve ways to propose her.

For example, I can propose her with a single rose while bending on my knees. Or, I can simply invite to her on a candlelight dinner—which I can't(at the moment) as we're in the middle of our event and today is the last day I can have my chance, thus this plan was rejected. I can propose her during a trip— rejected. I can propose her on a beach—which is miles away— rejected. After rejecting every available idea, we stumble upon another website. It says red roses are cliche and has criticised every other proposal as they have become old. So, to be new on this, we have brought a variety of flowers which I don't even know the names of. Thank God we have Barun for this, and dev found a variety of poems.

Unfortunately, to adjust all the flowers in one place we brought a big basket. And after hanging it in my arm, I'm looking like I'm going to sell flowers to the guests in a tuxedo.

"I'm not going to take it!" I cross my arms above my chest. Believe me, never ask your friends' help for proposals.

"But I've collected entire flowers from the shop!" Barun says angrily.

"Then go and give it to Agni by yourself!"

"I'm already married!" Barun taps his feet on the floor.

Fuming, I look at the paper one last time, memorizing the weird-worded sentences I'm sure he took it from Shakespeare. Half of the words are hard to remember and the other half sounds like I don't clean my tongue regularly. No offence to Shakespeare but Dev has always liked literature.