IX: Ranking System

You were flying towards your class with a smile on your face. Sabnock holds you tightly so you won't be lifted by the current.

"(Y/n)! My beloved sweetheart doesn't seize to amuse me!" Asmodeus said relieved that his sweetheart is unharmed but that joy didn't last when he sees your position with Sabnock.
"What the hell is that muscle head doing? It's disgraceful they are that close to one another!" Asmodeus questioned confused, angry, and jealous.

Once on the platform, Sabnock jumped off first, you gave the Guardian one last embrace, Kalego places your names back on the list.
You stand up but tripped in the process and landed in Sabnock's muscular arms, he was carrying you bridal style at this point. The Guardian and its young flew away as you waved goodbye.
"Thanks so much for everything!" You said

You just so happen to remember you're being carried.
"Oh and um...thanks Sabnock for breaking my fall." You were a bit embarrassed, Sabnock snapped out of his trance.
"No problem!" He said

"Sweetheart (Y/n). Your skills never take the time of impressing me." Asmodeus said his joyful expression was taken back as he looks at who you were with at the time. Azz cleared his throat.

"Thank you, Sabnock. For keeping my dearest sweetheart safe and sound but you might as well. Let her go." Asmodeus said you look at yourself, Sabnock places you back down, you could feel the tension between the two extraordinary, tough demons in the air grew. You pulled down your skirt as the wind blew. Kalego scowled annoyed, "Be quiet. The ones who came in late will be punished. As for the rest of you line up to receive your ranks."

A few minutes later, you and Sabnock were sitting in the corner with signs craned around your necks. Your sign says "Reflecting", Sabnock sign says, "I won't break my promise". The sign next to Sabnock says, "Last". All this for being late.

"I will now announce your ranks," Kalego said holding his arm out to let a three-eyed owl perch, "This creature is a rank owl during the test, he was watching and assessing your every move."

Everyone starts mumbling.
"As I was saying, if you reach into the pocket on his belly, it'll give you your ranking it, looks like this." Kalego took out a pin with a random rank, he glared at your isolated sentence.
"Since you, filth came in last. You'll two will be the last one to receive your ranking."

Clara throws pebbles playfully at Sabnock muscular arm.
"You suck!"

"Let that be a lesson to you. Enjoy the mockery and being pelted by tiny rocks." Kalego smirked, "His spitefulness has no bounds." Sabnock said
Kalego lined up everyone to receive their ranks as Sabnock angrily mumbles about Kalego's attitude and malicious intent.

"I mean it could be worse at least we weren't in danger of being expelled or bring the guardian." You said lighting up the mood
"Everyone's faces were a sight to behold, weren't they?" He smirked confidently,
"(Y/n), this wasn't something I could have accomplished by myself. If it weren't for you I'll probably be dead by now. Thank you allow me to show thee my sincere gratitude, I'm no match for thee." Sabnock turns toward bowing his head
"I just did what any else would do, right?" You asked
"I apologize for my rudeness when we first meet. You're more capable than you look. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thou art amazing. Starting today, I court thee to be my lovely bride." Sabnock proclaimed
"Your w-what? B-b-bride!?" You said
(I can't accept. But I don't know how would Azz react?)

"You and I will rule over the Demon King's throne and I will become Azz's love rival battling over you," Sabnock said
"I'm not sure you should-" Kalego cut you off, "Hey eyes forward slackers, get to the back of the line."
"Yes, sir!" You shouted lining up with Sabnock